What makes our PRINCE2 Foundation & Practitioner course different?
We don't just want you to pass the PRINCE2® exams, we want to make you a great project manager. That's why our 5-day PRINCE2 Foundation & Practitioner course is different.
- Prepare more efficiently with highly engaging video-based pre-course learning.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the PRINCE2 methodology with our unique interactive learning.
- Go beyond the PRINCE2 methodology during the course to become a more effective project manager.
- We guarantee exam success on your publicly scheduled course or your money back with our enhanced PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner course exam insurance.
- QA PRINCE2 Exam Insurance means you will be able to come on the same public course at a later date to resit your exam. If you fail the same exam three times, we will refund your course fee. You must request your exam re-sit within 90 days of completion of your course.
About your course
PRINCE2 is one of the world’s most widely used project management methods. Based on best practice, the method can be applied to any project irrespective of its size, industry sector, geographic location or culture. This course provides a definitive overview of the latest version of PRINCE2, the 6th Edition. We cover it's four integrated components:
- Project environment
We also look at management roles required in a PRINCE2 project and what management products must be created to ensure the project is delivered in a coordinated, consistent and transparent manner.
Using elements from QA's Performance-Based Learning approach, we help you to not only know PRINCE2, but also apply and tailor it for your projects. The course has been designed by award-winning instructional designers to ensure that it provides an interactive and engaging introduction to PRINCE2. Our experienced PRINCE2 experts explain the method through a wide range of individual and group exercises, case-study application, learning games and practice exam questions.
Project managers, team leaders, and anyone aspiring to such a role.
There are no formal prerequisites for this course but learners would benefit from some experience of working in projects prior to attendance.
- You will be provided with a number of short activities to complete, including access to QA's interactive video-based learning, which will help you prepare for the course. These activities are expected to take approximately 1 hour to complete (although you may wish to spend longer to help you prepare more effectively).
- Click here to view the minimum technical system requirements required to access QA's video-based learning.
- The benefits of pre-course reading are outlined in this short, entertaining animation:
Proof of identification
If you're taking an exam, you are required to provide photo ID with a valid signature, eg driving licence, passport or named work ID badges prior to sitting your exam. Failure to produce this ID will result in your exam results being withheld until proof of ID is provided. Please note that if proof is not provided within 40 days, your exam results will be null and void and a re-sit would be required.
Reasonable adjustments policy
The exam provider allows additional time for candidates who have a disability or whose native language differs to that of the examination paper. Full details and how to apply can be found here www.qa.com/axelosexams. At least two weeks' notice will be required for processing this request. Learners failing to advise QA and provide evidence when requested may not be allowed the additional support offered via the policy. QA Exam Administration can be contacted by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +44(0)1793 696162.
- At PRINCE2 Foundation level, demonstrate that you understand and can recall the various components of the PRINCE2 method.
- At PRINCE2 Practitioner level, demonstrate that you can apply and tailor the PRINCE2 method to a real project.
- Explain and apply the PRINCE2 principles.
- Explain the purpose of the seven PRINCE2 themes and describe how they are applied to a project.
- Describe each step of the PRINCE2 journey, explaining the activities required to guide a project throughout its lifecycle.
- Create the recommended PRINCE2 management products which include baselines, records and reports.
Days 1 and 2 of the course focus on the components of the method, with days 3 to 5 addressing how the method might be applied and tailored to a real-life project. Delegates should note that evening work will be assigned, which is not expected to exceed 3 hours per night.
Specific course content will include:
PRINCE2 Foundation & Practitioner Overview
The structure of the method and the guide will be introduced before we discuss the context within which a PRINCE2 project operates.
The seven PRINCE2 principles provide the framework for managing the project and are built on good practice developed from successful and failed projects.
The seven PRINCE2 themes are aspects of the project that must be continually addressed and integrated as the project journeys through its life cycle.
- Business case
The seven PRINCE2 processes encompass the chronological activities that are required to direct, manage and deliver the project successfully. The activities include pre-project, initiation and delivery, and end with project closure.
- Starting up a Project
- Directing a Project
- Initiating a Project
- Controlling a Stage
- Managing Product Delivery
- Managing a Stage Boundary
- Closing a Project
PRINCE2 Foundation & Practitioner Examination details
PeopleCert exams take place remotely via PeopleCert Online Proctoring, and the afternoon of the second and last day of your course will continue with your learning until approximately 17.30pm. When booking your exam please ensure that it is for a time after the course has concluded and at a time convenient for you. You will be required to download and install ExamShield and conduct a compatibility test prior to sitting the exam.
- Duration: 60 minutes (Foundation); 150 minutes (Practitioner)
- Questions (OTQ): 60 (Foundation); 68 (Practitioner – scenario based)
- Pass mark: 55% (Foundation and Practitioner)
- Use of textbook: No (Foundation); yes (Practitioner)
- Timing: End of Day 2 (Foundation); end of Day 5 (Practitioner)
PRINCE2® is a [registered] trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
Unable to spare entire days training?
We offer the option to learn online over consecutive half-days, while maintaining your quality day-to-day working commitments.
Morning and afternoon slots available.
PRINCE2® certification paths
Project Management learning paths
Want to boost your career in project management? Click on the roles below to see QA's learning pathways, specially designed to give you the skills to succeed.
New: AXELOS ProPath learning paths
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.