QA virtual courses use the Cisco Webex Training Platform (or similar). The platform allows the use of online polling, virtual breakout rooms and other interactive tools to ensure that delegates have a truly immersive learning experience, irrespective of their physical location.
PRINCE2 is one of the world’s most widely used project management methods. Based on best practice, the method can be applied to any project irrespective of its size, industry sector, geographic location or culture. This course provides a definitive overview of PRINCE2. We cover its four integrated components – the principles, themes, processes and project environment. We also look at management roles required in a PRINCE2 project and what management products must be created to ensure the project is delivered in a coordinated, consistent and transparent manner.
Using elements from QA’s Performance-Based Learning approach, we help you to not only know PRINCE2, but also apply and tailor it for your projects. The course has been designed by award-winning instructional designers to ensure that it provides an interactive and engaging introduction to PRINCE2. Our experienced PRINCE2 experts explain the method through a wide range of individual and group exercises, case-study application, learning games and practice exam questions.
- Pre-course reading
- Exam(s) included
- Exam preparation aid(s)
- Tutor support
- 12-month subscription to Project Manager Today
There are no formal prerequisites for this course but delegates would benefit from some experience of working in projects prior to attendance. We recommend that you have access to a personal device for extra curricula work.
- You will be provided with a number of short activities to complete, including access to QA's interactive video-based learning, which will help you prepare for the course. These activities are expected to take approximately six hours to complete (although you may wish to spend longer to help you prepare more effectively).
- Click here to view the minimum technical system requirements that are required to access QA's video-based learning.
- The benefits of pre-course reading are outlined in this short, entertaining animation:
Proof of identification
If taking an exam, you are required to provide Photo ID with a valid signature, eg a driving licence, passport or named work ID badges prior to sitting their exam. Failure to produce this ID will result in your exam results being withheld until proof of ID is provided. Please note that if proof is not provided within 40 days, your exam results will be null and void and a re-sit would be required.
Reasonable adjustments policy
The exam provider allows additional time for candidates who have a disability or whose native language differs to that of the examination paper. Ful details and how to apply can be found here www.qa.com/axelosexams. At least two weeks' notice will be required for processing this request. Learners failing to advise QA and provide evidence when requested, may not be allowed the additional support offered via the policy. QA Exam Administration can be contacted by email email@example.com or by phone +44(0)1793 696162.
Please ensure you bring a device such as a mobile phone, tablet or laptop to be able to load your course material on to as you may need this for use in the evenings.
- Demonstrate that you understand and can recall the various components of the PRINCE2 method.
- Explain the PRINCE2 principles.
- Explain the purpose of the seven PRINCE2 themes.
- Describe each step of the PRINCE2 journey, listing the activities required to guide a project throughout its lifecycle.
- Identify the recommended PRINCE2 management products which include baselines, records and reports.
The course focuses on the components of the method and how they help to structure project delivery. Please note that evening work will be assigned, which is not expected to exceed two hours per night.
Specific course content will include:
- The structure of the method and the guide will be introduced before we discuss the context within which a PRINCE2 project operates.
- The seven PRINCE2 principles provide the framework for managing the project and are built on good practice developed from successful and failed projects.
- Themes and processes
The seven PRINCE2 themes are aspects of the project that must be continually addressed and integrated as the project journeys through its life cycle.
- Business Case
The seven PRINCE2 processes encompass the chronological activities that are required to direct, manage and deliver the project successfully. The activities include pre-project, initiation and delivery, and end with project closure.
- Starting up a Project
- Directing a Project
- Initiating a Project
- Controlling a Stage
- Managing Product Delivery
- Managing a Stage Boundary
- Closing a Project
Examination Details: Foundation
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Questions (OTQ): 60
- Pass mark: 55%
- Use of textbook: No
- Timing: End of Day 2
PRINCE2® is a [registered] trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.