Please note that if this course is being held at a QA centre then it may be facilitated using digital courseware. If so, we will provide laptops during the course but you will need a device connected to the internet in order to access your evening homework. If you foresee a problem with this then please get in touch with QA as soon as possible.
We don't just want you to pass the PRINCE2® exams, we want to make you a great project manager. That's why our 5-day PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner course is different.
- Prepare more efficiently with highly engaging video-based pre-course learning
- Gain a deeper understanding of the PRINCE2 methodology with our unique interactive learning
- Go beyond the PRINCE2 methodology during the course to become a more effective project manager
- Guaranteed exam success on your publicly scheduled course or your money back with our enhanced PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner course exam insurance
- Keep up to date with the profession and industry thought leaders with a 12 month subscription to Project Manager Today, the industry's leading independent project management magazine
- QA PRINCE2 Exam Insurance means you will be able to come on the same public course at a later date to resit your exam. If you fail the same exam three times, we will refund your course fee.
About your course
PRINCE2 is one of the world’s most widely used project management methods. Based on best-practice, the method can be applied to any project irrespective of its size, industry sector, geographic location or culture. This course provides a definitive understanding of PRINCE2. We cover its four integrated components:
- Project environment
We also look at management roles required in a PRINCE2 project and what management products must be created to ensure the project is delivered in a coordinated, consistent and transparent manner.
Using elements from QA's 'Performance Based Learning' approach, we help you to not only know PRINCE2, but also apply and tailor it for your projects. The course has been designed by award-winning instructional designers to ensure that it provides an interactive and engaging introduction to PRINCE2. Our experienced PRINCE2 experts explain the method through a wide range of individual and group exercises, case-study application, learning 'games' and practice exam questions.
Project Managers, Team Leaders, and anyone aspiring to such a role.
No formal prerequisites exist for this course but delegates would benefit from some experience of working in projects prior to attendance.
- Delegates will be provided with a number of short activities to complete, including access to QA's interactive video-based learning, that will help you prepare for the course. These activities are expected to take approximately six hours to complete (although you may wish to spend longer to help you prepare more effectively)
- Click here to view the minimum technical system requirements that are required to access QA's video-based learning
- The benefits of Pre-course Reading are outlined in this short, entertaining animation:
Proof of identification
If taking an exam, candidates are required to provide Photo ID with a valid signature e.g. driving license, passport or named work ID badges prior to sitting their exam. Failure to produce this ID will result in their exam results being withheld until proof of ID is provided. Please note that if proof is not provided within 40 days, candidate's exam results will be null and void and a re-sit would be required.
Reasonable Adjustments Policy
The exam provider allows additional time for candidates who have a disability or whose native language differs to that of the examination paper. Full details and how to apply can be found here www.qa.com/axelosexams. At least two weeks' notice will be required for processing this request. Delegates failing to advise QA and provide evidence when requested, may not be allowed the additional support offered via the policy. QA Exam Administration can be contacted by email email@example.com or by phone +44(0)1793 696162.
Please ensure you bring a device such as a mobile phone, tablet or laptop to be able to load your course material on to as you may need this for use in the evenings.
- At Foundation level, demonstrate that they understand and can recall the various components of the PRINCE2 method
- At Practitioner level, demonstrate that they can apply and tailor the PRINCE2 method to a real project
- Explain and apply the PRINCE2 principles
- Explain the purpose of the seven PRINCE2 themes and describe how they are applied to a project
- Describe each step of the PRINCE2 journey, explaining the activities required to guide a project throughout its lifecycle
- Create the recommended PRINCE2 management products which include baselines, records and reports
Days one and two of the course focus on the components of the method with days three to five addressing how the method might be applied and tailored on a real-life project. Delegates should note that evening work will be assigned which is not expected to exceed three hours per night.
Specific course content will include:
The structure of the method and the guide will be introduced before we discuss the context within which a PRINCE2 project operates.
The seven PRINCE2 principles provide the framework for managing the project and are built on good practice developed from successful and failed projects.
The seven PRINCE2 themes are aspects of the project that must be continually addressed and integrated as the project journeys through its life cycle.
- Business Case
The seven PRINCE2 processes encompass the chronological activities that are required to direct, manage and deliver the project successfully. The activities include pre-project, initiation and delivery, and end with project closure.
- Starting up a Project
- Directing a Project
- Initiating a Project
- Controlling a Stage
- Managing Product Delivery
- Managing a Stage Boundary
- Closing a Project
- Duration - 60 minutes (Foundation) 150 minutes (Practitioner)
- Questions (OTQ) - 60 (Foundation) 68 (Practitioner - scenario based)
- Pass mark - 55% (Foundation and Practitioner)
- Use of textbook - No (Foundation) Yes (Practitioner)
- Timing - End of day two (Foundation) End of day five (Practitioner)
PRINCE2® is a [registered] trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.