'Presentation skills are key. People who work for you represent your brand. You want them to present themselves - and represent you - in a certain way.'
Marc Benioff - CEO and Founder of Salesforce
Business audiences today demand increasingly high quality presentations and, increasingly, make major decisions on the basis of presentations. Being able to present skillfully, powerfully and influentially is a key capability for people in many roles in organisations, especially at senior management and executive levels.
Common concerns we hear from people who attend this course include:
- How do I structure my presentation in a persuasive way?
- How do I create real ‘presence’ when presenting?
- How do I connect with my audience?
- How do I use words powerfully to connect, persuade and influence?
- How create the maximum impact through my presentation and visuals?
Using a highly participative approach, as well as leading-edge ideas around maximizing personal and presentation impact, this course will help you shift from being a good presenter to a great presenter.
Delegate numbers are limited to 6 to ensure everyone has enough practice time, as well as detailed feedback from the facilitator and fellow participants. Presentations are videoed to provide additional valuable feedback.
All of our trainers are experts in their field and have many years’ experience in delivering and training excellence in presentation skills.
This course is aimed at people at all levels and roles who have good knowledge and experience of presentations, and who want to take their presentation skills to the next level; for example to:
- Develop their personal presence when presenting
- Present to more senior stakeholders and clients
- Develop more impactful presentations
- Address larger groups
- Make board and conference presentations
If you are less experienced in delivering presentations and/or using PowerPoint, our ‘Present With Impact’ (MPDPWI) and PowerPoint courses may be best as a first step.
You'll be asked to bring along two prepared 10 minute presentations - one that you’ve already delivered and one you’re yet to deliver, together with relevant slides, etc, and background information on the intended audience. You’ll have time to further develop your second presentation, so please bring along your laptop as well.
There is also a small amount of pre-course reading to complete.
You will learn how to:
- Structure a persuasive presentation
- Establish credibility with your audience
- Make presentations more dynamic and impactful by using verbal and non-verbal communication to your advantage
- Use the tools of rhetoric and motivational fillers strategically
- Appeal to audience interests and motivation
- Deal confidently with difficult situations and people, involving posing and taking questions
- Develop more memorable visuals
- Introductions and welcome
- Benchmark presentations
- Eye-brain control technique
- Developing personal presence
- First business presentations
- Presentation structure
- Review of Day 1
- Recap on Day 1
- Influencing your audience – the tools of rhetoric
- Meta-programs and language patterns
- Positive re-framing
- Second business presentation
- Handling questions
- Review and action planning