These courses are being delivered by an IBM Global Training Provider
This course provides an overview of how to use IBM SPSS Modeler to predict a target field that describes numeric values. Students will be exposed to rule induction models such as CHAID and C&R Tree. They will also be introduced to traditional statistical models such as Linear Regression. Students are introduced to machine learning models, such as Neural Networks. Business use case examples include: predicting the length of subscription for newspapers, telecommunication, and job length, as well as predicting insurance claim amounts.
• Experience using IBM SPSS Modeler including familiarity with the Modeler environment, creating streams, reading data files, exploring data, setting the unit of analysis, combining datasets, deriving and reclassifying fields, and a basic knowledge of modeling.
• Prior completion of Introduction to IBM SPSS Modeler and Data Science (v18.1) is recommended.
Delegates will learn how to
Please refer to course overview
1: Introduction to predicting continuous targets
• List three modeling objectives
• List two business questions that involve predicting continuous targets
• Explain the concept of field measurement level and its implications for selecting a modeling technique
• List three types of models to predict continuous targets
• Determine the classification model to use
2: Building decision trees interactively
• Explain how CHAID grows a tree
• Explain how C&R Tree grows a tree
• Build CHAID and C&R Tree models interactively
• Evaluate models for continuous targets
• Use the model nugget to score records
3: Building your tree directly
• Explain the difference between CHAID and Exhaustive CHAID
• Explain boosting and bagging
• Identify how C&R Tree prunes decision trees
• List two differences between CHAID and C&R Tree
4: Using traditional statistical models
• Explain key concepts for Linear
• Customize options in the Linear node
• Explain key concepts for Cox
• Customize options in the Cox node
5: Using machine learning models
• Explain key concepts for Neural Net
• Customize one option in the Neural Net node
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.