If both classroom and virtual dates are available for this course please specify your preference when booking.
During this 2 day instructor led training course, delegates will receive a comprehensive introduction into the features, functions and the usage of the Wireshark Analyser and will learn methods and techniques about monitoring and analysis of their networks from the packet level.
Basic understanding of Network Fundamentals and TCP/IP operation such as the topics covered in the 'Networking & TCP/IP Fundamentals (NWF)' course.
Delegates will learn how to
Participants will receive a comprehensive introduction into the features, functions and the usage of the Wireshark Analyzer and will learn methods and techniques about monitoring and analysis of their networks from the packet level.
Features, functions and basic operation of Wireshark Analyzer
- Introduction and operation of Wireshark
- Live Capture and Live Capture settings
- Display options and basic interpretation
- Working with Display Filters and Capture Filters
- File Input and Output
Advanced features of Wireshark Analyzer
- Preferences and user profiles
- Name resolution
- Reconstructing user data – Protocol reassembly
- Packet colorization
Methodology and techniques of network analysis
- What is packet analysis?
- Steps and techniques for analyzing traffic
- Analysing Switched Ethernet - Tapping into the network
- Capturing wireless network traffic
- Measuring network delay and response time
- Measuring network throughput and overhead
Statistics and Baselining
- Baselining of networks and applications
- Wireshark statistics
- Analysing networks and applications
- Typical network related problems
- Application types and typical application related problems
- 'Is it the network or the application?' – Fault isolation
- Analysing and reconstructing voice traffic