Official Oracle Curriculum
This course is designed to provide you with a firm foundation in administration of an Oracle database. In this course you will gain a conceptual understanding of Oracle Database architecture and learn how to manage an Oracle database in an effective and efficient manner.
Versions Supported: 19c, 18c, 12c
This course provides detailed information on the architecture of an Oracle Database instance and database, enabling you to effectively manage your database resources. You learn how to create database storage structures appropriate for the business applications supported by your database. In addition, you learn how to create users and administer database security to meet your business requirements. Basic information on backup and recovery techniques is presented in this course.
To provide an acceptable response time to users and manage resources effectively, you learn how to monitor your database and manage performance.
- Oracle Database 12c: Introduction to SQL
Delegates will learn how to
- Describe Oracle Database architecture
- Describe Oracle Database Cloud Service (DBCS) architecture and features
- Create and manage DBCS database deployments
- Configure the database to support your applications
- Manage database security and implement auditing
- Implement basic backup and recovery procedures
- Move data between databases and files
- Employ basic monitoring procedures and manage performance
- Introduction to Oracle Database
- Accessing an Oracle Database
- Creating an Oracle Database by Using DBCA
- Creating an Oracle Database by Using a SQL Command
- Starting Up and Shutting Down a Database Instance
- Managing Database Instances
- Oracle Net Services: Overview
- Configuring Naming Methods
- Configuring and Administering the Listener
- Configuring a Shared Server Architecture
- Configuring Oracle Connection Manager for Multiplexing and Access Control
- Creating PDBs from Seed
- Using Other Techniques to Create PDBs
- Managing PDBs
- Database Storage Overview
- Creating and Managing Tablespaces
- Improving Space Usage
- Managing Undo Data
- Creating and Managing User Accounts
- Configuring Privilege and Role Authorization
- Configuring User Resource Limits
- Implementing Oracle Database Auditing
- Introduction to Loading and Transporting Data
- Loading Data
- Transporting Data
- Using External Tables to Load and Transport Data
- Automated Maintenance Tasks: Overview
- Automated Maintenance Tasks: Managing Tasks and Windows
- Database Monitoring and Tuning Performance Overview
- Monitoring Database Performance
- Database Processes
- Managing Memory
- Analyzing SQL and Optimizing Access Paths
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.