Official Oracle Curriculum
This Oracle Database: SQL Workshop II helps you enhance your skills as an Application developer by learning how to manage the database objects, data dictionary views and multicolumn subqueries. Expert Oracle instructors will teach you how to write more efficient queries using the functions that support timezone and regular expressions.
- Grant and revoke privileges and roles.
- Manage schema objects and data dictionary views.
- Write efficient and complex subqueries.
- Use the in-built functions supporting the usage of regular expressions and time zone.
- Use the regular expression support in SQL.
Benefits to You:
Ensure fast, reliable, secure and easy to manage performance. Optimize database workloads, lower IT costs and deliver a higher quality of service by enabling consolidation onto database clouds.
Advanced Features of SQL:
By enrolling in this course, you'll also gain exposure to using the advanced features of SQL to query and manipulate data within the database. Learn to control privileges at the object and system level, while deep diving into advanced querying and reporting techniques.
Reinforce Your Knowledge with Hands-On Practices:
During this SQL workshop, you'll use Oracle SQL Developer as the main environment tool for writing SQL. SQL*Plus is introduced as an optional tool. Demonstrations and hands-on practice reinforce new concepts that are introduced.
- Forms Developer
- Functional Implementer
- System Analysts
- Application Developers
- PL/SQL Developer
- Familiarity with SQL Developer, SQL*Plus
- Basic Knowledge of SQL
- delegates should have attended or have knowledge to Oracle Database: SQL Workshop I
Please note: In order to provision you with your courseware and lab access for this course QA must share several items of basic personal information with our partner (usually your full name and email address). For more information on this please visit our QA Partner data sharing page. If you have any questions or concerns please contact your QA account manager.
Delegates will learn how to
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Add new users with different levels of access privileges
- Manage schema objects
- Run data definition language (DDL) statements to create and manage schema objects
- Manage objects with data dictionary views
- Control database access to specific objects
- Manipulate large data sets in the Oracle database by using subqueries
- Manage data in different time zones
- Write multiple-column subqueries
- Use scalar and correlated subqueries
- Use the regular expression support in SQL
- Course Objectives, Course Agenda and Appendixes Used in this Course
- Provide an insight of the development environments
- Tables used in the Course
- Review of the SQL Concepts
Introduction to Data Dictionary Views
- Introduction to Data Dictionary
- Describe the Data Dictionary Structure
- Using the Data Dictionary Views
- Querying the Data Dictionary Views
Creating Sequences, Synonyms, Indexes
- Overview of sequences
- Overview of synonyms
- Overview of indexes
- Overview of views
Managing Schema Objects
- Managing constraints
- Creating and using temporary tables
- Creating and using external tables
Retrieving Data by Using Subqueries
- Retrieving Data by Using a Subquery as Source
- Working with Multiple-Column subqueries
- Using Scalar subqueries in SQL
- Correlated Subqueries
- Working with the WITH clause
Manipulating Data by Using Subqueries
- Using Subqueries to Manipulate Data
- Inserting by Using a Subquery as a Target
- Using the WITH CHECK OPTION Keyword on DML Statements
- Using Correlated Subqueries to Update and Delete rows
Controlling User Access
- System privileges
- Creating a role
- Object privileges
- Revoking object privileges
- Overview of the Explicit Default Feature
- Using multitable INSERTs
- Using the MERGE statement
- Performing flashback operations
- Tracking Changes in Data
Managing Data in Different Time Zones
- Working with CURRENT_DATE, CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,and LOCALTIMESTAMP
- Working with INTERVAL data types
- Using Datetime functions in queries
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.