- "ONTAP 9.6 Cluster Administration (ONTAP9ADM)"
Delegates will learn how to
- Describe the data protection features in ONTAP software
- Configure SnapMirror® relationships for data replication
- Demonstrate storage virtual machine disaster recovery (SVM DR)
- Explain MetroCluster™ components and configuration
- Configure the SnapVault® feature for disk-to-disk backup and recovery
- Describe NDMP-enabled operations to back up NAS data to tape storage
- Describe the NetApp SnapCenter® software that is used for ONTAP data protection management
- Explain cloud-based data protection with NetApp Cloud Volumes ONTAP
Module 1: ONTAP Integrated Data Protection
- Data Fabric and ONTAP Software
- ONTAP Data Protection Solutions
- Data Protection Management Solutions
Module 2: SnapMirror Fundamentals
- SnapMirror Overview
- Configuring SnapMirror Relationships
- Additional SnapMirror Configuration Considerations
- Guidelines for Intercluster Networking
- Cluster and SVM Peering
Module 3: SnapMirror Operation
- SnapMirror Asynchronous
- Using SnapMirror for Disaster Recovery
- SnapMirror Synchronous
- SnapMirror and ONTAP Feature Interaction
Module 4: Storage Virtual Machine Disaster Recovery
- SVM Disaster Recovery (SVM DR) Overview
- Prepare a SVM for Data Protection
- Perform a SVM Initial Data Transfer
- SVM Manual Update
Module 5: MetroCluster
- MetroCluster Fundamentals
- MetroCluster Operations
Module 6: SnapVault
- Implementing a SnapVault Relationship
- Using SnapVault Software to Restore Data
Module 7: NDMP and Tape Backup
- NDMP Fundamentals
- NDMP Management
Module 8: SnapCenter
- NetApp SnapCenter software
- Integration with third-party management software
Module 9: Cloud Volumes ONTAP
- Cloud Volumes ONTAP Environment
- Data Protection Capabilities of Cloud Volumes ONTAP
Module 10: Course Review
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.