NetApp Learners Account - information needed at booking stage
In order for you to get the most out of NetApp Training and Certification, we require your NetApp Support ID for us to correctly assign your training enrolment. If you do not have an account, it is important you register for an account before the start of the course. This can be done via the following link: http://support.netapp.com/eservice/public/now.do
For all new and existing accounts, please login to your account, then whilst you are logged in follow this link http://learningcenter.netapp.com to validate your account by accepting NetApp Terms & Conditions (this is an important step to ensure registration synchronization).
If both classroom and virtual dates are available for this course please specify your preference when booking.
ONTAP Compliance Solution Administration describes the architecture and functionality of the integrated data protection compliance features and benefits in ONTAP 9 data-management software. You will learn SnapLock software, key management features and encryption technologies. You will learn the administration, configuration and management of the integrated data protection compliance features.
ONTAP Compliance Solutions Administration is intended for data protection administrators of any experience level.
- 'ONTAP 9.5 Cluster Administration (ONTAP9ADM)' And 'ONTAP 9.5 Data Protection Administration (DATAPROT9)' Or,
- 'ONTAP 9.5 Cluster Administration and Data Protection (CDOTDP9)'
Delegates will learn how to
- Describe the data protection features that are integrated into ONTAP 9 data-management software
- Describe how to use SnapLock compliance software for data retention
- Explain how to manage encryption keys
- Explain how NetApp Storage Encryption (NSE) provides full-disk encryption (FDE) by using self-encrypting drives.
- Explain how NetApp Volume Encryption (NVE) provides a software-based method to encrypt and protect data on any disk type.
Module 1: Compliance Solutions
- ONTAP 9 Security features
- Data protection compliance challenges
- Regulatory and business requirements
- Integrated compliance features
Module 2: Securing and Hardening ONTAP Software
3 planes of security
- Proactive security features
Module 3: ONTAP Data Retention
- Compliance software
- Managing volumes
- File types
- Protecting volumes
- Advanced features
Module 4: ONTAP Key Management
- Encrypted key management
Module 5: ONTAP Data Encryption
- NetApp Storage Encryption (NSE)
- NetApp Volume Encryption (NVE)
- Volume encryption demonstration
- Implement role-based access control
- Configure SnapLock compliance software for file retention
- Create a SnapLock for SnapVault relationship
- Use the privileged delete feature
- Key manager setup wizard