This course is intended for IT professionals who are responsible for planning, configuring and managing Office 365 environment.
QA Total Learning™ is our newest and most effective way to learn.
Combining the best of digital and live learning, with access to world-class industry experts, we focus on ensuring you can apply your learning to help you drive impactful results in your workplace. What's more, our digital platform gives you the tools to track your progress and manage your own learning.
This Total Learning course is for systems administrators new to Microsoft Azure who wish to gain a practical foundation in the Azure services utilised in an infrastructure as a service deployment model.
Learners can be either experienced systems administrators or relatively new to Windows or Linux administration.
In this course, learners will enjoy the best of both digital and live learning in order to effectively manage an Azure cloud-based environment. The Digital stage includes content and cloud-based labs to provide learners with the fundamentals of Azure, including administration, virtual networking, storage, and virtual machines.
The three-day Live event focuses on proving that you can employ the practical skills you have learned during the Digital stage via a virtual, interactive workshop experience. This will involve building a working cloud infrastructure, covering all of the key components in Azure.
Please note, whilst this course addresses elements of the AZ-104 exam syllabus, the focus is on equipping the learner with the skills necessary to effectively manage an Azure environment, and therefore should not be considered an exam preparation vehicle. However, you will receive the Microsoft Official Curriculum course manual for the AZ-104 course should you wish to undertake further independent study towards the exam at a later date.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Experience working with the Windows Server operating system
- Experience of working with Active Directory directory services
- Familiarity with the Domain Name System (DNS)
- Experience working with Windows PowerShell
Delegates will learn how to
- Understand the provisioning of an Office 365 tenant including adding custom domains
- Manage Office 365 access
- Understand directory synchronisation
- Deploy Microsoft 365 apps
- Configure Exchange online
- Configure Microsoft Teams
- Configure SharePoint online
- Understand the role of Security and Compliance in Office 365
- Understand monitoring and troubleshooting of Office 365
This Total Learning course consists of three key stages, all explained during a 1-hour virtual kick off session, which includes a Q&A:
- Digital stage – 30+ hours, completed over 4 weeks
- Live event – 3 days
- Apply stage – up to 20 hours of work over 3 months
- Learning Path 1 – Introduction to the course
- Learning Path 2 – Provisioning Office 365
- Learning Path 3 – Managing Office 365 Users and Groups
- Learning Path 4 – Microsoft Apps for Enterprise
- Learning Path 5 – Exchange Online
- Learning Path 6 – Microsoft Teams
- Learning Path 7 – SharePoint Online
- Learning Path 8 – Configuring Security and Compliance in Office 365
- Learning Path 9 – Monitor and troubleshoot Office 365
- Learning Path 10 – Live event readiness
Office 365 Custom Domains
- Adding a custom domain
- Custom domain considerations
- Requires Office 365 DNS records
- Limitations of the Add Domain Wizard
Office 365 PowerShell
- Installing and using Office 365 PowerShell nodules
- Running Office 365 PowerShell commands
Microsoft 365 Groups – deep dive
- Microsoft 365 Group building blocks
- Microsoft 365 Group connectors
- Group naming policy
- Microsoft 365 Group creation
- Controlling Microsoft 365 Group creation
- Deleting a Microsoft 365 Group
Configuring administrative access
- Azure AD Privileged Identify Management (PIM)
- Azure AD Access Reviews
- Office 365 Conditional Access
Troubleshooting User Access
- Troubleshooting user login
- Troubleshooting Exchange access
- Troubleshooting SharePoint access
- Directory Synchronisation Overview
- Authentication options with a Synchronised Directory
- Planning and Preparation
- Installing AD Connect & Configuring Directory Synchronisation
- Post installation tasks
Centralized Microsoft 365 Apps deployments
- Installing the ODT
- ODT components
- ODT Modes
- ODT Configuration files
- Office Customization Tool
Exchange Role Based Access Control (RBAC)
- Exchange RBAC Role Groups
- Exchange RBAC Roles
- Exchange RBAC Role Entries
- Management Role Scopes
Office 365 Data Loss Prevention
- Components of DLP Policies
- Creating DLP Policies
- Sensitive Information Types
- Custom Sensitive Information Types
- Creating a Custom DLP Policy
- DLP Policy Locations
- DLP Incident Reports
- DLP Reports
- DLP Activity Explorer
- Retention policy data behaviour
- Creating Retention Policies
- Microsoft Teams Retention Policy considerations
- Retention Options
Apply at Work
- Create, review or update Office 365 deployment documentation for your environment
- Make recommendations on any changes that can be made to improve your Office 365 environment.
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.