Accredited through APMG International, certified in the UK by the National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) and listed as qualified cyber training by Department of Homeland Security Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (DHS CISA) in the USA, the NIST Cyber Security Professional (NCSP®) training program teaches individuals and organizations how to engineer, operationalize and continually improve a NIST Cybersecurity Framework program.
Following on from the learning secured during the NCSP® Foundation Certificate course, this 5-day, accredited instructor led, NCSP® 800-53 Practitioner Certificate course outlines current cybersecurity challenges and explains how organisations who operationalize a NIST-CSF program across an enterprise and its supply chain can mitigate these challenges, using the NIST 800-53 standard as an informative reference.
NCSP® Foundation Certificate is a mandatory pre-requisite for course attendance.
Delegates will learn how to
This course will empower candidates with the following learning outcomes:
- Understand and describe how an organization can approach the adoption and adaptation of the NIST-CSF
- Understand and describe how to implement cybersecurity controls using an incremental improvement approach, using the NIST 800-53 Standard as an informative reference
- Understand and describe how to create, protect, and deliver digital business value
This NCSP® Practitioner level course builds on knowledge secured during NCSP® Foundation Certificate study and covers the following topics:
- Course Introduction
- A Proactive Approach
- Systems Thinking
- Cybersecurity and the Digital Value Management System (DVMS)
- Adapting The Way We Work
- Cybersecurity Within A System
- Digital Business Risk Management
- The DVMS as a scalable overlay
- Beyond the Framework
- 5-day accredited instructor led training
- NCSP® 800-53 Practitioner Certificate digital courseware
- 'Practitioner Guide to Adapting the NIST Cybersecurity Framework' eBook
- Exam fees included (implementer or auditor)
- Certificate of Attendance
- NCSP® 800-53 Practitioner Certificate Digital Badge on successful completion of exam
- Access to the NIST Cyber Security Professional (NCSP®) LinkedIn community
- Access to the Digital Value Management System Institute (DMVSi) LinkedIn community
2 hour online, proctored, closed book exam with sixty-five (65) multiple-choice questions with a single correct answer from 4-choices (A, B, C, D).
Questions may appear in any of the following forms (sample, not an exhaustive list).
- Which of the following is true, correct, most correct?
- Which of the following statements is NOT correct?
- Which of the following statements addresses X?
- How would you show Y?
- What is…?
- What is missing from…?
- _____ is a correct way to…?
- How would you describe…?
- How would you explain…?
- What is the main idea of…?
- Which is the best choice…?
- Each correct answer is worth 1 point.
- Pass mark is 60% (39 correct out of 65).
- NCSP® Pathway Progression
This course is the third in a series of NIST Cybersecurity Professional (NCSP®) training courses designed to help organizations create a culture-driven, adaptive, cyber-resilient enterprise capable of creating, protecting, and delivering digital business value.
Students who complete and successfully pass the associated NCSP® 800-53 Practitioner Certificate exam can progress onto NCSP® 800-171 Specialist Certificate and NCSP® ISO 27001 Specialist Certificate level study.
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.