Participants in this training learn the skills required to implement, use, and maintain the Network Automation application. This training is useful for persons responsible for supporting and administering the implementations of Network Automation. This training is useful for persons wishing to integrate NA with third-party applications and those wanting to create custom device drivers.
- Java/Perl programming Skills
- Basic SQL experience
- NA skills equivalent to the NA120 essentials class
The following are desirable but not essential:
- NNM Administration experience
- Unix/Linux Administration experience
- OO experience
Audience / Job Roles
- Network Management Tools Support
- Application Developers
- Network Automation Consultants
Delegates will learn how to
- Implement multi-server Network Automation (NA) configuration to achieve resilience and scalability
- Use the API/Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) interfaces to achieve rich integrations with third party or in house software
- Implement integration to Network Node Manager i (NNMi) and Operations Orchestration
- Use Lightweight Directory Access Protocol and Terminal Access Controller Access Control System (TACACCS) as NA external authentication
- Create reports extracting information from the NA database directly or using the APIs
- Build custom device drivers
- Maximize the performance of an NA server and perform in-depth diagnostics and troubleshooting
Module 1: Introduction and Overview
- Describe the functions Network Automation
Module 2: Distributed NA Implementation
- Configure a Multimaster Mesh
- Configure a Horizontal Scalability environment in two NA cores
- Configure a core gateway and a satellite
Module 3: NA API
- Describe the fundamental principles of the Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP)
- Use the Java API to interact with an NA Core
- Use the Perl API to interact with an NA Core
Module 4: External Authentication
- Describe the principles of the Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP
- Configure NA to use the LDAP authentication service
- Describe the principles of Terminal Access Controller Access-Control System (TACACS )
- Configure NA to use the TACACS authentication service
Module 5: Custom Reporting
- Describe the fundamental SQL statements
- Create SQL statements to extract device data from the NA database
- Create SQL statements to extract event data from the NA database
- Use the Perl API that uses the API to extract data from the NA server
Module 6: NNMi and OO Integration
- Describe the Network Node Manager i (NNMi) and NA integration features
- Configure NNMi and NA integration
- Describe the Operations Orchestration (OO) and NA integration features
- Configure OO and NA integration
Module 7: Troubleshooting
- Enable custom logging options
- Enable task logging
- Identify driver issues
Module 8:Advacned Administration
- Configure the Dynamic Group Recalculation settings
- Use Perl APIS in advanced scripts
- Identify key performance metrics
- Manipulate Rendition Configuration eXtension (RCX) files
Module 9:Driver Development
- Describe the interaction between an NA core and device driver
- Create a Driver project in Network Driver Studio (NDS)
- Describe the purpose of each driver file
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.