Is this course for me?
- Virtual Machines
Delegates will learn how to
- Understand the differences between Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops on-premises and the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Service
- Deploy and manage Virtual Delivery Agent machines in AWS using Machine Creation Services
- Integrate Citrix Cloud and Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops with AWS Active Directory Service
- Design Machine Catalogs and virtual machines on AWS
- Provide remote access with Citrix Workspace, Citrix StoreFront, and Citrix Gateway on AWS
- What is Citrix Cloud
- Citrix Cloud Services
- Citrix Cloud Operation and Architecture
- Citrix Cloud Administration
- Cloud Connector Architecture
- Installing and configuring Citrix Cloud Connectors
- Securing Citrix Cloud Connectors
- Citrix Cloud with Multiple Domains
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 Deployment Models
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 Service with
- On-Premises Resources
- Configuring the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 Service
- Delivering Apps and Desktop to End-Users Using
- On-Premises Resources with MCS
- Citrix Studio and Director
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 Remote
- PowerShell SDK
- Managing Multiple Resource Locations
- Using PVS with the Citrix Virtual Apps and
- Desktops 7 Services
- Selecting Between Workspace Experience and
- On-premises StoreFront
- Consideration for Citrix Gateway Locations
- User Authentication
- Citrix Smart Tools
- Cloud Connector Operations
- Monitoring your Environment
- General Public Cloud Considerations
- Microsoft Azure as a Citrix Cloud Resource Location
- (Lecture only)
- Amazon Web Services as a Citrix Cloud Resource Location
- (Lecture only)
- Citrix Cloud Migration Options and Considerations
- Migrating Machine Catalogs and Delivery Groups
- Migrating Policies and Settings
- Considerations for Migrating to a Public Cloud
- CVAD Service on AWS and Cloud Computing
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Service on AWS Deployment Options
- Supported migration paths to a CVAD Service on AWS deployment
- AWS products, components, and services
- Citrix components, products, and services
- Active Directory requirements and options
- Integration between CVAD Service and AWS Resource Locations
- Management consoles
- Control billing costs within an AWS Resource Location
- Set up a resource location in AWS
- Install Cloud Connectors
- Creating a Master image on AWS for use with MCS
- Host Connections: Connecting CVAD Service to AWS Cloud
- Provisioning VMs in AWS using MCS
- Workspace and StoreFront in CVAD Service Deployments
- Gateway Service vs Gateway on-premise
- Connectivity options for multi-location deployments
- Infrastructure maintenance requirements for Citrix Cloud and with AWS as a Best practices for maintaining AWSbased resource locations
- Power management options for VDAs in AWS-based resource locations
- Citrix Self-Help Support Offerings
- Common deployment problem resolution examples
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.