Please note: for Attend from Anywhere customers an additional screen is required for this course to work through remote desktop labs and view training information.
In this course you will create more complex documents that include lists, tables, charts, graphics, and newsletter layouts. You will also merge data into documents to personalise correspondence and address envelopes and labels.
After completing the first course in this series, Microsoft Word 2019 /365 Level 1, you are now able to perform the basic tasks to create a variety of documents. This course will show you how you can work more efficiently by automating some tasks and providing methods to maintain consistency between documents.
This course was designed for delegates who can create and modify standard business documents in Microsoft Word 2019 / 365, and who need to learn how to use Microsoft Word 2019 / 365 to create or modify complex business documents as well as customised Word efficiency tools.
This course is suitable for users of Microsoft Word 2019 or 365 subscription editions. If you're attending at a QA location, the course will be delivered on Microsoft Word 2019.
- Attendees should be able to use Microsoft Word 2019 to create, edit, format, save, and print basic business documents that contain text, basic tables, and simple graphics
- Attendees can obtain this level of skill by taking the following course: Microsoft Word 2019 Level 1: www.qa.com/DWD19L1.
- Organise content using tables and charts.
- Customise formats using styles and themes.
- Insert content using quick parts.
- Use templates to automate document formatting.
- Control the flow of a document.
- Simplify and manage long documents.
- Use mail merge to create letters, envelopes, and labels.
Lesson 1: Organising Content Using Tables and Charts
- Topic A: Sort Table Data
- Topic B: Control Cell Layout
- Topic C: Perform Calculations in a Table
- Topic D: Create a Chart
- Topic E: Add an Excel Table to a Word Document (Optional)
Lesson 2: Customising Formats Using Styles and Themes
- Topic A: Create and Modify Text Styles
- Topic B: Create Custom List or Table Styles
- Topic C: Apply Document Themes
Lesson 3: Inserting Content Using Quick Parts
- Topic A: Insert Building Blocks
- Topic B: Create and Modify Building Blocks
- Topic C: Insert Fields Using Quick Parts
Lesson 4: Using Templates to Automate Document Formatting
- Topic A: Create a Document Using a Template
- Topic B: Create and Modify a Template
- Topic C: Manage Templates with the Template Organizer
Lesson 5: Controlling the Flow of a Document
- Topic A: Control Paragraph Flow
- Topic B: Insert Section Breaks
- Topic C: Insert Columns
- Topic D: Link Text Boxes to Control Text Flow
Lesson 6: Simplifying and Managing Long Documents
- Topic A: Insert Blank and Cover Pages
- Topic B: Insert an Index
- Topic C: Insert a Table of Contents
- Topic D: Insert an Ancillary Table
- Topic E: Manage Outlines
- Topic F: Create a Master Document
Lesson 7: Using Mail Merge to Create Letters, Envelopes, and Labels
- Topic A: The Mail Merge Feature
- Topic B: Merge Envelopes and Labels