The goal of this course is to provide you with the knowledge required to produce professional looking documents and reports. The course emphasises hands-on experience, with a series of self-guided exercises integrated into the training.
In this course you will create more complex documents that include lists, tables, charts, graphics, and newsletter layouts. You will also merge data into documents to personalise correspondence and address envelopes and labels. Reviewing and comparing documents using track changes will also be covered.
This course was designed for delegates who can already create and modify standard business documents and who need to learn how to use the more complex tools within Microsoft Word 2016 for Mac.
This course requires delegates to meet the following prerequisites:
- Attendees should be able to use Microsoft Word 2016 for Mac to create, edit, format, save, and print basic business documents that contain text.
- Create and organise content using tables, charts, graphics and lists.
- Customise formats using styles and themes.
- Use templates to automate document formatting.
- Create headers and footers.
- Work with and manage long documents.
- Use mail merge to create letters, envelopes, and labels.
- Collaborate and review documents.
Module 1 - Tables and Charts
- Creating a Table
- Table and Cell Layout
- Sorting in a Table
- Calculating within a Table
- Adding a Caption to a Table
- Creating a Chart
- Chart Layout
- Importing a Table/Chart from Excel
Module 2 - Adding Graphics
- Inserting a Picture from a File and Photo Browser
- Insert Shapes
- Controlling Graphics
- Adding a Caption to a Graphic
- Inserting a Table of Figures
Module 3 - Working with Lists
- Creating a Numbered or Bulleted List
- Create a Multilevel List
- Modifying the Numbered/Bulleted/Multilevel Lists
Module 4 - Styles and Themes
- Create and Modify Text Styles
- Create Custom List and Table Styles
- Document Themes
Module 5 - Templates
- Create a Document Using a Template
- Create and Modify a Template
- Template Organiser
Module 6 - Headers and Footers
- Inserting a Header and Footer
- Headers and Footers on Odd and Even Pages
- Header and Footer Margins
Module 7 - Working with Long Documents
- Inserting Page/Section Breaks
- Navigation Pane
- Insert Table of Contents
- Insert an Index
- Footnotes and Endnotes
- Create a Master Document
Module 8 - Mail Merge
- Mail Merge a Letter/Email
- Merge Envelopes and Labels
Module 9 - Track Changes
- Prepare a Document for Collaboration
- Reviewing a Document
- Compare and Merge a Document
Module 10 - Using Forms to Manage Content
- Show the Developer Tab
- Create the Form
Module 11 - Macros
- Show the Developer Tab
- Creating a Macro
- Running a Macro
- Editing a Macro
- Assigning Shortcuts to Macros