Please note: for Attend from Anywhere customers an additional screen is required for this course to work through remote desktop labs and view training information.
This course applies to the following platforms: SharePoint On-Premise Only (SharePoint 2013 or 2016)
This is a Productivity course aimed at Site Members or Content Authors who wish to create SharePoint Intranet content. This course introduces end users to SharePoint Web Content Management (WCM), the methodology and practices used to create an Intranet (or publishing) portal and explains how a SharePoint Intranet portal differs from a Collaborative SharePoint environment.
The course also provides the content author with the tools and knowledge to create Intranet web pages. They will learn how to add dynamic content by manipulating Web Parts and publish pages requiring workflow approval. In addition, the course introduces Enterprise Wiki Sites and shows how to create Knowledge Base pages of information.
The course is for anyone involved in the creation or editing of web content (pages) in a SharePoint Intranet (or publishing) portal.
Note: This course is not designed for users who work in collaborative SharePoint sites (Team Sites).
- A good understanding of Windows 7 or higher.
- Experience using Internet Explorer or equivalent browser.
- An understanding of Web Languages (HTML and CSS) is desirable but not essential.
Please Note: If you attend a course and do not meet the prerequisites you may be asked to leave.
Dual monitor setup is required for when attending this course via the QA Attend from Anywhere delivery method.
- Understand the SharePoint Publishing Model and WCM for and how this differs from Collaborative SharePoint sites.
- Work with the SharePoint publishing interface
- Understand how site permissions affect user roles and how content can be created
- Understand and work with the Apps specific to WCM publishing sites
- Create and edit publishing pages
- Add and format text, work with images and hyperlinks
- Understand and work with content management feature and use the publishing workflow
- Add tables, managed metadata, reusable content and HTML code snippets
- Understand and utilise web parts and their properties
- Work with Enterprise Wiki Sites
Module 1: The SharePoint Publishing Model
- An Introduction to Web Content Management
- SharePoint Fundamentals
- Examples of Collaboration Sites
- The Structured authoring environment
- The SharePoint Environment
- The Ribbon
- Following Sites
Module 2: Understanding Site Permissions
- SharePoint Permissions Explained
- Security Trimming
- Permission Inheritance
Module 3: Working with Apps in Publishing Site
- Built-In Apps
- Adding content to a Document Library App
- Document Item Menu
- Deleting Items and Documents
- Add SharePoint Apps
Module 4: Creating Publishing Pages
- Site web page structure
- Types of web page
- Page Layouts
- Working with Text
- Adding Images
- Working with Image Renditions
Module 5: Content Management
- Version Control
- Check In/Out
- Publishing and Approval
- Understanding Workflows
- Using the Publishing Approval Workflow
Module 6: Additional Page Content
- Working with Tables
- Adding Reusable Content
- Working with media
- Working with Managed Metadata
- The Site Homepage
- Amending Web Page HTML
Module 7: Working with Web Parts
- Default Web Parts Available in SharePoint
- Inserting a Web Part
- Web Part Properties
- Useful Web Parts
- Audience Targeting
Module 8: Enterprise Wiki Sites
- Creating an Enterprise Wiki Site
- Examples of an Enterprise Wiki Sites
- Enterprise Wiki Site Contents
- Working with Wiki Site Pages
- Adding Media
Sorry, we don't have any available dates! Please complete this form to be notified about new dates