The goal of this course is to provide you with the knowledge to use the more advanced tools of Microsoft SharePoint Online. Users of this level are more involved with customising apps to collaborate with a team with stronger emphasis on business needs and content. This understand is also fundamental to Team Site Owners and managers. The course emphasises hands-on experience, with a series of self-guided exercises integrated into the training.
You will discover how to customise apps and modify their settings in order for them to control key business information. You will edit various types of web pages to arrange information and ensure it meets business processes and compliance. You will also identify custom features specific to SharePoint Online not available in the server edition that will improve team collaboration and management.
Please note: Topics from this event are also covered in our five-day SharePoint Online Masterclass (QASPOMC) course.
This course requires delegates to meet the following prerequisites:
- A good understanding of Windows.
- Experience using Internet Explorer 11 or equivalent browser.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint Online equivalent to our “SharePoint Online End User Level 1”.
- Fundamental experience with Office 365 is recommended, such as Log in and navigation around the service.
- A good knowledge of Office 2013 / 2016 applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Please Note: If you attend a course and do not meet the pre-requisites you may be asked to leave.
Dual monitor setup is required for when attending this course via the QA Attend from Anywhere delivery method.
- Manage custom apps and their settings
- Import data from and Excel Worksheet into a Custom List
- Customise and manage metadata to meet business data needs
- Customise and manage views to present information on web pages
- Edit Web pages and Web Parts
- Create a custom Workflows
- Summarise data using reports
Module 1 - Beyond SharePoint End User
- SharePoint Contributor Review
- The user roles of SharePoint
- SharePoint Live updates
Module 2 - Customise built-in apps
- Built-in app templates
- Identify your site content
- Create your apps
- App Settings
- App Settings to consider
- Picture Libraries
- Surveys using Microsoft Forms
- Custom lists from Excel tables using Microsoft List
- Custom lists from scratch
Module 3 - Advanced metadata
- Define your metadata
- Column Types and Sizes
- Systems and site metadata
- Format including conditional formatting columns
- Hyperlink / Picture columns
- Lookup columns
- Calculated columns
- Managed metadata columns
- Metadata integrity
Module 4 - Working with views
- Understanding views
- Managing views
- Use styles in views
Module 5 - Connect to Microsoft Office
- Principals of using Office with SharePoint
- Export data from SharePoint to Excel
- Synchronise data between Excel and SharePoint
Module 6 - Web Page Editing
- Understand Content Pages
- Site pages
- Wiki pages
- Formatting wiki pages
- Adding Pictures
- Adding Web media
- Adding Hyperlinks
- Hyperlinks to an email address
- Working with Web part pages
- Adding Web parts
Automating business processes
- Understanding Workflows
- What is Power Automate and how it can be used?
- Create a flow that approves an item
- Create a flow that sends you notifications
- Create a flow that your team can use.
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.