Please note: for Attend from Anywhere customers an additional screen is required for this course to work through remote desktop labs and view training information.
This course is aimed at users of SharePoint Server 2013 and 2016. If you are using SharePoint Online (SharePoint in Office 365) please refer to the course QASPEUOL2 - SharePoint Online End User Level 2.
The goal of this course is to provide you with the knowledge to use the more advanced tools of Microsoft SharePoint 2016. Users of this level are more involved with customising apps to collaborate with a team with stronger emphasis on business needs and content. This understanding is also fundamental to Team Site Owners and managers. The course emphasises hands-on experience, with a series of self-guided exercises integrated into the training.
You will discover how to customise apps and modify their settings in order for them to control key business information. You will edit various types of web pages to arrange information and ensure it meets business processes and compliance.
- A good understanding of Windows.
- Experience using Internet Explorer 11 or equivalent browser.
- Experience with Microsoft SharePoint On-Premises equivalent to our “SharePoint On-Premises End User Level 1”.
- A good knowledge of Office 2013 / 2016 applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Please Note: If you attend a course and do not meet the pre-requisites you may be asked to leave.
Dual monitor setup is required for when attending this course via the QA Attend from Anywhere delivery method.
- Manage custom apps and their settings
- Import data from an Excel Worksheet into a Custom List
- Customise and manage metadata to meet business data needs
- Customise and manage views to present information on web pages
- Edit Web pages and Web Parts
- Create custom Workflows
- Summarise data using reports
Module 1: Beyond SharePoint End User
- Topic A: SharePoint Contributor Review
- Topic B: The user roles of SharePoint
- Topic C: Types of End Users
- Topic D: SharePoint Live Updates
Module 2: Manage SharePoint Apps
- Topic A: Built-in App Templates
- Topic B: Identify your site content
- Topic C: Create your Apps
- Topic D: App Settings
- Topic E: App Settings to consider
- Topic F: Picture Libraries
- Topic G: Discussion boards
- Topic H: Surveys
- Topic I: Custom Lists from scratch
- Topic J: Custom Lists from Excel tables
Module 3: Advanced Metadata
- Topic A: Define your Metadata
- Topic B: Systems and Site Metadata
- Topic C: Hyperlink / Picture Columns
- Topic D: Lookup Columns
- Topic E: Calculated Columns
- Topic F: Managed Metadata Columns
- Topic G: Metadata Integrity
- Topic H: Rating settings
Module 4: Working with Views
- Topic A: Understanding Views
- Topic B: Managing Views
- Topic C: Use Styles in Views
Module 5: Web Page Editing
- Topic A: Understand Content Pages
- Topic B: Site Pages
- Topic C: Wiki Pages
- Topic D: Formatting Wiki Pages
- Topic E: Pictures
- Topic F: Adding Web Media
- Topic G: Hyperlinks
- Topic H: Hyperlink to an Email Address
- Topic I: Web Part Pages
- Topic J: Web Parts
Module 6: Connect to Microsoft office
- Topic A: Principals of Office with SharePoint
- Topic B: Connect to Office
- Topic C: Connect to Outlook
- Topic D: Connect to Excel
- Topic E: Synchronise Data between Excel and SharePoint
- Topic F: Connect SharePoint with Microsoft Access
Module 7: Workflows
- Topic A: Understanding Workflows
- Topic B: Enable Workflow Templates
- Topic C: Add a Workflow
- Topic D: Manually Start a Workflow
- Topic E: View Running Workflow History
- Topic F: Allow, Retire or Remove a Workflow