This SharePoint 2016 End User class is for end users working in a SharePoint 2016 environment. The course teaches SharePoint basics such as working with lists and libraries as well as basic page customizations.
This course is intended for new and existing users of SharePoint. This course is for information workers.
- A basic understanding of Windows 7 or higher.
- Experience using Internet Explorer 11 or equivalent browser.
- Learn to navigate a SharePoint 2016 Team Site.
- Learn to create SharePoint lists.
- Learn to customize SharePoint lists.
- Learn to create SharePoint libraries.
- Learn to manage library document versions.
- Learn to create SharePoint list and library views.
- Learn to create sub sites using various SharePoint templates.
- Learn to create and edit Web page content.
- Learn to create InfoPath Forms and Form libraries.
- Learn to create Site columns and content types.
- Learn to integrate Office applications with SharePoint 2016.
- Learn to manage basic permissions of SharePoint 2016 resources.
Module 1: SharePoint 2016 Introduction
- SharePoint Versions
- Team Site Layout and Navigation
Module 2: SharePoint List Basics
- Creating Apps using List Templates
- Creating Lists
- List Columns
- Column Validation
Module 3: Library Basics
- Library Templates
- Creating Libraries
- Managing Documents and Versioning
Module 4: Working with Lists and Library Views
- Default Views
- Custom Views
Module 5: Working with Sites
- Site Templates
- Creating Sites
- Site Navigation
Module 6: Page Content
- Wiki Library Pages
- Web Part Pages
- Working with Web Parts
Module 7: Forms Library
- Creating a Forms Library
- Creating InfoPath Forms
- Publishing InfoPath Forms to SharePoint
Module 8: Site Columns and Content Types
- Site Column Gallery
- Creating Site Columns
- Site Content Type Gallery
- Creating Content Types
Module 9: Office Integration
- Excel Integration
- Outlook Integration
- Access Integration
Module 10: Managing SharePoint Site Permissions
- SharePoint Groups
- Assigning Permissions
- Permission Levels
- Permissions Inheritance
Module 11: Participating in User Communities
- Configure User Profiles and My Sites
- People Newsfeeds
- Document Newsfeed
- Site Newsfeed
- Tag Newsfeed
- Managing Personal Sites