Please note: for Attend from Anywhere customers an additional screen is required for this course to work through remote desktop labs and view training information.
Microsoft Publisher is a desktop publishing software application capable of producing newsletters, brochures, business cards, postcards, flyers and other printed publications. Publisher offers a large selection of 'building blocks' that can be dragged into your documents, helping you to create page elements such as calendars, newsletter sidebars, and borders. Publisher integrates mail merge features and allows for export of publications as HTML web pages or PDF documents.
This course was designed for end users with a basic understanding of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Word who need to learn how to use Microsoft Publisher 2016 or 2019 to create, layout, edit and share publications.
This course is suitable for users of Microsoft Publisher 2016 or 2019. If you're attending at a QA location, the course will be delivered on Microsoft Publisher 2016.
- Use a mouse
- Type and use a keyboard
- Navigate through Windows files and folders
- Work with Windows - minimise, maximise, open and close
- These skills can be gained by attending one of our PC Fundamentals courses.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Perform basic tasks in the Microsoft Publisher interface.
- Add content to a publication.
- Format text and paragraphs in a publication.
- Manage text in a publication.
- Work with graphics in a publication.
- Prepare a publication for printing and sharing.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Microsoft Publisher 2016 / 2019
- Navigate the Interface
- Customise the Publisher Interface
- Create a Publication
Lesson 2: Adding Content to a Publication
- Add Text to a Publication
- Add Pages and Picture Placeholders to a Publication
- Control the Display of Content in Text Boxes
- Apply Building Blocks to a Publication
Lesson 3: Formatting Text and Paragraphs in a Publication
- Format Text
- Format Paragraphs
- Apply Schemes
Lesson 4: Managing Text in a Publication
- Edit Text in a Publication
- Work with Tables
- Insert Symbols and Special Characters
Lesson 5: Working with Graphics in a Publication
- Insert Graphics in a Publication
- Customise the Appearance of Pictures
Lesson 6: Preparing a Publication for Sharing and Printing
- Check the Design of a Publication
- Save a Publication in Different Formats
- Print a Publication
- Share a Publication