In this course you will exchange project plan data with other applications, update project plans, create visual reports, and reuse project plan information.
This is the second course in the Microsoft Project 2007 series. In Microsoft Project 2007: Level 1, you used your project management skills to create a complete project plan. The plans need to be updated and modified regularly to keep the project moving on track. This course will build upon the knowledge gained, and give you the opportunity to work with a project plan once it reaches the project implementation phase.
This course is designed for a person who has an understanding of project management concepts, who is responsible for creating and modifying project plans, and who needs a tool to manage these project plans. It is also intended for a person who has a basic understanding of Microsoft Project 2003.
Instructor led, group-paced, classroom-delivery learning model with structured hands-on activities.
- An understanding of project management concepts.
- Knowledge of a Windows operating system, XP or Vista.
- Microsoft Office Project 2007: Level 1.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- exchange project plan data with other applications.
- update a project plan.
- manage project costs.
- report project data visually.
- reuse project plan information
Lesson 1: Exchanging Project Plan Data with Other Applications
- Topic 1A: Import Project Information
- Topic 1B: Export Project Plan Data into Excel
- Topic 1C: Copy a Picture of the Project Plan Information
Lesson 2: Updating a Project Plan
- Topic 2A: Enter Task Progress
- Topic 2B: Enter Overtime Work
- Topic 2C: Split a Task
- Topic 2D: Reschedule a Task
- Topic 2E: Filter Tasks
- Topic 2F: Set an Interim Plan
- Topic 2G: Create a Custom Table
- Topic 2H: Create a Custom Report
Lesson 3: Managing Project Costs
- Topic 3A: Update Cost Rate Tables
- Topic 3B: Group Costs
- Topic 3C: Link Documents to a Project Plan
Lesson 4: Reporting Project Data Visually
- Topic 4A: Create a Visual Report
- Topic 4B: Customise a Visual Report
- Topic 4C: Create a Visual Report Template
Lesson 5: Reusing Project Plan Information
- Topic 5A: Create a Project Plan Template
- Topic 5B: Create a Custom View
- Topic 5C: Make Custom Views Available to Other Project Plans
- Topic 5D: Share Resources
- Topic 5E: Create a Master Project