Please note: for Attend from Anywhere customers an additional screen is required for this course to work through remote desktop labs and view training information.
In your role, you need to grab and maintain your audience's focus when you're asked to present important information. You can achieve this by being clear, organised and engaging. In this course you will use Microsoft PowerPoint 2016 / 365 to create your presentations. You will learn how to use some of the vast array of features and functionality contained within Microsoft PowerPoint 2016 / 365. You will gain the ability to organise your content, enhance it with high-impact visuals, and deliver dynamic multimedia presentations.
This course is designed for end users who are interested in learning the fundamentals needed to create and modify engaging presentations by using Microsoft PowerPoint 2016 / 365.
This course is suitable for users of Microsoft PowerPoint 2016 or 365 subscription editions. If you're attending at a QA location, the course will be delivered on Microsoft PowerPoint 2016.
- Use a mouse
- Type and use a keyboard
- Navigate through Windows files and folders
- Work with Windows - minimise, maximise, open and close
- These skills can be gained by attending one of our PC Fundamentals courses.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify the basic features and functions of PowerPoint 2016.
- Develop a PowerPoint presentation.
- Perform advanced text editing operations.
- Add graphical elements to your presentation.
- Modify objects in your presentation.
- Add tables to your presentation.
- Add charts to your presentation.
- Prepare to deliver your presentation.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with PowerPoint
- Topic A: Navigate the PowerPoint Environment
- Topic B: View and Navigate a Presentation
- Topic C: Create and Save a PowerPoint Presentation
- Topic D: Use PowerPoint Help
Lesson 2: Developing a PowerPoint Presentation
- Topic A: Select a Presentation Type
- Topic B: Edit Text
- Topic C: Build a Presentation
Lesson 3: Performing Advanced Text Editing Operations
- Topic A: Format Characters
- Topic B: Format Paragraphs
- Topic C: Format Text Boxes
Lesson 4: Adding Graphical Elements to Your Presentation
- Topic A: Insert Images
- Topic B: Insert Shapes
Lesson 5: Modifying Objects in Your Presentation
- Topic A: Edit Objects
- Topic B: Format Objects
- Topic C: Group Objects
- Topic D: Arrange Objects
- Topic E: Animate Objects
Lesson 6: Adding Tables to Your Presentation
- Topic A: Create a Table
- Topic B: Format a Table
- Topic C: Insert a Table from Other Microsoft Office Applications
Lesson 7: Adding Charts to Your Presentation
- Topic A: Create a Chart
- Topic B: Format a Chart
- Topic C: Insert a Chart from Microsoft Excel
Lesson 8: Preparing to Deliver Your Presentation
- Topic A: Review Your Presentation
- Topic B: Apply Transitions
- Topic C: Print Your Presentation
- Topic D: Deliver Your Presentation
This course covers some of the Microsoft Office Specialist exam objectives to help students prepare for the PowerPoint 2016 Exam