The Microsoft Power Platform helps organizations optimize their operations by simplifying, automating and transforming business tasks and processes. In this course, students will learn how to build Power Apps, Automate Flows and extend the platform to complete business requirements and solve complex business problems.
Candidates should have an introductory knowledge of Power Platfom
Delegates will learn how to
- Create a technical design
- Configure Common Data Service
- Create and configure Power Apps
- Configure business process automation
- Extend the user experience
- Extend the platform
- Develop Integrations
Module 1: Create a model-driven application in Power Apps
This module introduces you to creating a model-driven app in Power Apps that use Dataverse.
- Introduction to model-driven apps and Dataverse
- Get started with model-driven apps in Power Apps
- Create and manage entities in Dataverse
- Create and manage fields within an entity in Dataverse
- Working with option sets in Dataverse
- Create a relationship between entities in Dataverse
- Define and create business rules in Dataverse
- Create and define calculation or rollup fields in Dataverse
- Get started with security roles in Dataverse
Module 2: Create a canvas app in Power Apps
This module introduces you to Power Apps, helps you create and customize an app, and then manage and distribute it. It will also show you how to provide the best app navigation, and build the best UI using themes, icons, images, personalization, different form factors, and controls.
- Get started with Power Apps
- Customize a canvas app in Power Apps
- Manage apps in Power Apps
- Navigation in a canvas app in Power Apps
- How to build the UI in a canvas app in Power Apps
- Use and understand Controls in a canvas app in Power Apps
- Document and test your Power Apps application
Module 3: Master advance techniques and data options in canvas apps
This module will help you use advanced formulas, perform custom updates, performance checks and testing. It will also help you to improve user's experience, use custom connectors and focus on working with data source limits.
- Use imperative development techniques for canvas apps in Power Apps
- Author an advanced formula that uses tables, records, and collections in a canvas app in Power Apps
- Perform custom updates in a Power Apps canvas app
- Complete testing and performance checks in a Power Apps canvas app
- Work with relational data in a Power Apps canvas app
- Work with data source limits (delegation limits) in a Power Apps canvas app
- Connecting to other data in a Power Apps canvas app
- Use custom connectors in a Power Apps canvas app
Module 4: Automate a business process using Power Automate
This module introduces you to Power Automate, teaches you how to build workflows, and how to administer flows.
- Get started with Power Automate
- Build more complex flows with Power Automate
- Introduction to business process flows in Power Automate
- Create an immersive business process flow in Power Automate
- Understand advanced business process flow concepts in Power Automate
- Introduction to expressions in Power Automate
Module 5: Introduction to developing with Power Platform
This module is the first step in learning about platform, tools, and the ecosystem of the Power Platform
- Introduction to Power Platform developer resources
- Use developer tools to extend the Power Platform
- Introduction to extending the Microsoft Power Platform
Module 6: Extending the Power Platform Dataverse
This module looks at the tools and resources needed for extending the Power Platform. We'll start with looking at the SDKs, the extensibility model, and event framework. This learning path also covers when to use plug-ins. Configuration of plug-ins as well as registering and deploying plug-ins.
- Introduction to Dataverse for developers
- Extend plug-ins
Module 7: Extending the Power Platform user experience Model Driven apps
This module describes how to create client scripting, perform common actions with client script, and automate business process flow with client scrip. Learn about what client script can do, rules, and maintaining scripts. Discover when to use client script as well as when not to use client script.
- Introduction to web resources
- Performing common actions with client script
- Automate business process flows with client script
Module 8: Create components with Power Apps Component Framework
This module describes how to get started with Power Apps Component Framework with an introductory module on the core concepts and components. Then it shows you how to build a component and work with advanced Power Apps Component Framework features.
- Get started with Power Apps component framework
- Build a Power Apps component
- Use advanced features with Power Apps component framework
Module 9: Extend Power Apps portals
This module describes how to transform a content portal into a full web app interacting with Dataverse. We will also cover the options available to customizers and developers to extend the portal functionality and integrate with Office 365, Power Platform, and Azure components.
- Introduction to Power Apps portals
- Access Dataverse in Power Apps portals
- Extend Power Apps portals
- Build custom Power Apps portals web templates
Module 10: Integrate with Power Platform and Dataverse
This module describes how to integrate with Dataverse using code by learning about Dataverse API. Get an in-depth overview of options available with Dataverse to integrate data and events to Azure.
- Work with Dataverse Web API
- Integrate Dataverse Azure solutions
Microsoft 365 learning pathways
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.