Please note: for Attend from Anywhere customers an additional screen is required for this course to work through remote desktop labs and view training information.
NB: These Office 365 modular sessions can be combined with others to create bespoke events, e.g. Teams and OneDrive for Business. Please contact us for further details.
Office 365 provides organisations with a suite of business applications including Outlook Online, Office Online Apps, Teams and OneDrive. These online solutions are extended through the interface with Microsoft Office.
This 1 day course is designed to assist existing Microsoft Office users to gain an understanding of the functionality available in Office 365. Delegates will use Office Online Apps, OneDrive and Teams in a cloud environment.
Delegates who wish to gain a deeper understanding of the individual applications in Office 365 should attend the appropriate application specific courses.
An end user who will be required to use Office 365 and needs an understanding of its features.
- It is assumed that attendees on this course have some knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook 2007-2019.
- In-depth exposure to any of the Office products is not required
Dual monitor setup is required for when attending this course via the QA Attend from Anywhere delivery method.
Delegates will learn how to
- Understand 'The Cloud' and Office 365 Applications
- Use Outlook Online to work with email, calendar, people and tasks
- Understand how to work collaboratively with Office 365 through Teams and OneDrive
- Use Groups and work with content through Delve
Lesson 1: Office 365 Overview
- Introducing Office 365
- Identify and outline the component products in Office 365
- Navigating around Office 365
- Updating your Profile in Office 365
Lesson 2: Using the Outlook Online Application
- Overview of Outlook Online
- Working with email
- Using the Calendar
- Shared Calendars
- People (Contacts)
- Tasks in Outlook Online
- Setting Outlook Options, Signatures, Rules, Automatic Replies
Lesson 3: Using Microsoft Teams
- Introduction to Microsoft Teams
- Creating Teams and Channels
- Tabbed Pages and Third Party Apps
Lesson 4: Working with OneDrive for Business
- What is OneDrive for Business
- Navigating around OneDrive
- Accessing Content in OneDrive
- Using the Office Online Apps
Lesson 5: Using Groups
- Introduction to Groups
- Collaborating Using Groups
Lesson 6: Delve
- Getting to Content using Delve