This course uses Microsoft Excel for Windows. It is not suitable for Excel for MAC. Courses for MAC users are available on request.
For Attend from Anywhere customers an additional screen is required for this course to work through remote desktop labs and view training information.
In this Microsoft Excel Automating with Macros and VBA Half Day session, attendees will learn how to automate repetitive business processes by recording macros. They will learn how to use the Development Environment to modify macros and how to build macros from scratch.
This course is suitable for users of Microsoft Excel 2016 or 365 subscription editions. If you're attending at a QA location, the course will be delivered on Microsoft Excel 2016.
- Navigate, edit and manage Excel workbooks
- Format worksheets and workbooks
- Understand the difference between absolute and relative references
- Understand the basics of Excel formulas and functions, e.g. Sum, text functions
- Create, edit and run Macros
- Use VBA and examine the Visual Basic Editor
- Work with Procedures and Subroutines
- Macros and VBA explained
- Recording Macros
- Running recorded Macros
- Exploring the Visual Basic Editor
- Editing a Macro
- Adding macros to shortcuts, Quick Access Toolbar and Command buttons
- Understanding Modules
- Understanding Procedures
- Create a Subroutine
- Create a Function procedure
- Calling Procedures
- Scope (Public versus Private procedures)