Please note: for Attend from Anywhere customers an additional screen is required for this course to work through remote desktop labs and view training information.
This is the second of a two part series of courses examining the data tools and features found in Microsoft Excel 2013 Professional and Pro Plus*.
The course is designed to examine a combination of new and revised features which are available to help you work with data in Microsoft Excel 2013. Technologies covered include PivotTables, Power Query, PowerPivot and Power Map.
Anyone who needs to work with Excel in order to connect to, process, analyse and display data in order to produce suitable output at all levels within an organisation.
It is assumed that the attendees on the course have either have attended the first course in the series or have equivalent knowledge.
*Some of the tools and features are only available in Microsoft Excel 2013 and include add-ins. This course is not suitable for anyone using Microsoft Excel Standard, Home or Student Editions.
Please note that this course is not suitable for new Excel users
- Attendance on QA's Working with Data in Microsoft Excel 2013 Part 1
- Able to import data and work with the Data Model and Relationship
- Be able to create formulas using standard aggregate functions
- Create PivotTables and analyse data
- Connect to and shape external data using Power Query
- Use PowerPivot for data connection and analysis
- Use Power Map to create visualisations of geo-dat
Lesson 1: Create and Work With PivotTables
- Creating PivotTables from tables
- Working with PivotTables to create views and analysis
- Dynamic Filters with Slicers and Timelines
- Use the Data Model to create PivotTables
- PivotTables from related data sources
Lesson 2: Introduction to Power Query for Excel
- What is Power Query?
- Power Query Data Sources
- Data Import Process and Query Editor Overview
- Data Transforms using the Query Editor
- Column, Row and Calculated Transform Actions
- Combining Data Sources as a Mash Up
Lesson 3: PowerPivot
- Concepts and Components
- Working with the Manage Console
- Creating and Editing Data Relationships
- Calculated Items and KPIs
- Creating PivotTables
- Dashboards using PowerPivot
Lesson 4: Power Map
- Overview of Power Map
- What is geo-data?
- Creating Maps and Applying Options
- Tours and Scenes in Power Map
- Exporting Maps to other applications