Please note, this course addresses the same syllabus as the one day MAZ900 with the addition of practical delegate labs to address the specific topics covered. These practical labs make this course a suitable option for technical delegates who will be actively working with Azure services.
There are no prerequisites for taking this course. However, the more technical knowledge a student has, the more they will understand about the cloud.
Please note: In order to access the Azure labs for this course you will need to have a Microsoft Outlook account that has/will not be used to associate with any other corporate Azure subscription. You can set up a new Outlook account here
- Introduction to Azure fundamentals
- Discuss Azure fundamental concepts
- Describe core Azure architectural components
- Understand the benefits of cloud computing in Azure and how it can save you time and money
- Explain concepts such as high availability, scalability, elasticity, agility, and disaster recovery
- Describe core Azure architecture components such as subscriptions, management groups, resources and
- Summarize geographic distribution concepts such as Azure regions, region pairs, and availability zones
- Explore Azure database and analytics services
- Explore Azure compute services
- Explore Azure Storage services
- Explore Azure networking services
- Understand the breadth of services available in Azure including compute, network, storage, and datab
- Identify virtualization services such as Azure Virtual Machines, Azure Container Instances, Azure Ku
- Compare Azure's database services such as Azure Cosmos DB, Azure SQL, Azure Database for MySQL, Azur
- Examine Azure networking resources such as Virtual Networks, VPN Gateways, and Azure ExpressRoute
- Summarize Azure storage services such Azure Blob Storage, Azure Disk Storage, and Azure File Storage
- Choose the best AI service for your needs
- Choose the best tools to help organizations build better solutions
- Choose the best monitoring service for visibility, insight, and outage mitigation
- Choose the best tools for managing and configuring your Azure environment
- Choose the best Azure serverless technology for your business scenario
- Choose the best Azure IoT service for your application
- Choose the correct Azure Artificial Intelligence service to address different kinds of business chal
- Choose the best software development process tools and services for a given business scenario.
- Choose the correct cloud monitoring service to address different kinds of business challenges.
- Choose the correct Azure management tool to address different kinds of technical needs and challenge
- Choose the right serverless computing technology for your business scenario.
- Choose the best Azure IoT service for a given business scenario.
- Protect against security threats on Azure
- Secure network connectivity on Azure
- Strengthen your security posture and protect against threats by using Azure Security Center.
- Collect and act on security data from many different sources by using Azure Sentinel.
- Manage dedicated physical servers to host your Azure VMs for Windows and Linux by using Azure Dedica
- Identify the layers that make up a defense in depth strategy.
- Explain how Azure Firewall enables you to control what traffic is allowed on the network.
- Configure network security groups to filter network traffic to and from Azure resources within a Mic
- Explain how Azure DDoS Protection helps protect your Azure resources from DDoS attacks.
- Secure access to your applications by using Azure identity services
- Build a cloud governance strategy on Azure
- Examine privacy, compliance, and data protection standards on Azure
- Explain the difference between authentication and authorization.
- Describe how Azure Active Directory provides identity and access management.
- Explain the role single sign-on (SSO), multifactor authentication, and Conditional Access play.
- Make organizational decisions about your cloud environment by using the CAF for Azure.
- Define who can access cloud resources by using Azure role-based access control.
- Apply a resource lock to prevent accidental deletion of your Azure resources.
- Apply tags to your Azure resources to help describe their purpose.
- Control and audit how your resources are created by using Azure Policy.
- Enable governance at scale across multiple Azure subscriptions by using Azure Blueprints.
- Explain the types of compliance offerings that are available on Azure.
- Gain insight into regulatory standards and compliance on Azure.
- Explain Azure capabilities that are specific to government agencies.
- Plan and manage your Azure costs
- Choose the right Azure services by examining SLAs and service lifecycle
- Use the Total Cost of Ownership Calculator.
- Describe the different ways you can purchase Azure products and services.
- Use the Pricing calculator to estimate the monthly cost of running your cloud workloads.
- Define the major factors that affect total cost and apply recommended practices to minimize cost.
- Describe what a service-level agreement (SLA) is and why SLAs are important.
- Identify factors, such as the service tier you choose, that can affect an SLA.
- Combine SLAs to compute a composite SLA.
- Describe the service lifecycle in Azure.
Azure learning paths
Want to boost your career in Azure? Click on the roles below to see QA‘s learning pathways, specially designed to give you the skills to succeed.
DevOps learning paths
Want to boost your career in DevOps? Click on the roles below to see QA‘s learning pathways, specially designed to give you the skills to succeed.
Software Engineering learning paths
Want to boost your career in software engineering? Click on the roles below to see QA's learning pathways, specially designed to give you the skills to succeed.
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.