QA Total Learning™ is our newest and most effective way to learn.
Combining the best of digital and live learning, with access to world class industry experts, we focus on making sure you can apply our learning to help you drive impactful results in your workplace. This is all underpinned by our digital platform, giving you the tools to track progress and manage your own learning.
This course is for enterprise architects, software developers or systems engineers who require the skills necessary to effectively translate business requirements into secure, scalable, and reliable Azure based solutions.
Learners will possess experience in designing and implementing enterprise solutions and will have significant existing experience working with Azure technologies. They will have attended the MAZ303 “Microsoft Azure Architect: Technologies” course or have equivalent experience.
In this Total Learning course, learners will enjoy the best of both digital and live learning in order to gain a full appreciation of the key considerations such as cost, scalability, elasticity, security, storage, disaster recovery and other factors that are key to successful Cloud projects.
This product includes best of breed digital learning consisting of video and written content supported by immersive labs and practical exercises designed to ensure that you have a strong comprehension of the main design considerations when building Cloud services.
Your two-day virtual live event is devoted to a design-led workshop in which learners will work in groups to produce effective service designs based on real world IaaS and PaaS case studies. Learners will be able to prove not just that they understand the functionality of the key Azure services and technologies, but also that they can apply them appropriately in the design of Cloud services.
Please note, this product addresses many elements of the AZ-304 exam syllabus. However, this product focuses on equipping the learner with the key skills necessary to effectively Architect and Design an Azure solution rather than focusing on the exam objectives. Therefore this product should not be considered as a vehicle for fully preparing you for the Microsoft Certified Azure Architect Expert exam AZ-304. You will receive the Microsoft Official Curriculum course manuals for the AZ-304 courses should you wish to undertake further self study towards the exams at a later date.
At the end of this course, the learner will be able to:
- design a monitoring solution for cost optimization; logging and monitoring
- design Business Continuity solutions for backup, recovery and high availability
- design Data Storage solutions for databases, data integration and be able to select an appropriate storage account
- design for Identity and Security, including authentication, authorization, governance and security for applications
- design Infrastructures including compute solutions, network solutions, application architectures and infrastructure migrations
This Total Learning course consists of three key phases, all explained during a 1 hour virtual kick off session, which includes Q&A:
- Digital Essential Learning - 10 hours, completed over a minimum of 2 weeks
- Live Virtual Classroom – 2 days
- Apply phase – 18 hours over 3 months
Digital Essential Learning
Design for cost optimization
- recommend a solution for cost management and cost reporting
- recommend solutions to minimize costs
Design a solution for logging and monitoring
- determine levels and storage locations for logs
- plan for integration with monitoring tools including Azure Monitor and Azure Sentinel
- recommend appropriate monitoring tool(s) for a solution
- choose a mechanism for event routing and escalation
- recommend a logging solution for compliance requirements
- recommend a strategy for tagging
- recommend a solution for using Azure Policy
- recommend a solution for using Azure Blueprints
- recommend a solution that leverages Azure Resource Graph
Design a solution for backup and recovery
- recommend a recovery solution for Azure hybrid and on-premises workloads that meets recovery objectives (RTO, RLO, RPO)
- design and Azure Site Recovery solution
- recommend a solution for recovery in different regions
- recommend a solution for geo-redundancy of workloads
- recommend a solution for Azure Backup management
- design a solution for data archiving and retention
Design for high availability
- recommend a solution for application and workload redundancy, including compute, database, and storage recommend a solution for autoscaling
- identify resources that require high availability
- identify storage types for high availability
- recommend a solution for single-sign on
- recommend a solution for authentication
- recommend a solution for Conditional Access, including multi-factor authentication
- recommend a solution for network access authentication
- recommend a solution for a hybrid identity including Azure AD Connect, Azure AD Connect cloud sync and Azure AD Connect Health
- recommend a solution for user self-service
- recommend and implement a solution for B2B integration
- choose an authorization approach
- recommend a hierarchical structure that includes management groups, subscriptions and resource groups
- recommend an access management solution including RBAC policies, access reviews, role assignments, Privileged Identity Management (PIM), Azure AD Identity Protection, Just In Time (JIT) access
Design a solution for databases
- select an appropriate data platform based on requirements
- recommend database service tier sizing
- recommend a solution for database scalability
- recommend a solution for encrypting data at rest, data in transmission, and data in use
Design data integration
- recommend a data flow to meet business requirements
- recommend a solution for data integration, including Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, Azure Data Lake, Azure Synapse Analytics
- Select an appropriate storage account
- choose between storage tiers
- recommend a storage access solution
- recommend storage management tools
Design a network solution
- recommend a network architecture (hub and spoke, Virtual WAN)
- recommend a solution for network addressing and name resolution
- recommend a solution for network provisioning
- recommend a solution for network security including Private Link, firewalls, gateways,
- network segmentation (perimeter networks/DMZs/NVAs)
- recommend a solution for network connectivity to the Internet, on-premises networks, and other Azure virtual networks
- recommend a solution for automating network management
- recommend a solution for load balancing and traffic routing
Design an application architecture
- recommend a microservices architecture including Event Grid, Event Hubs, Service Bus, Azure Queue Storage, Logic Apps, Azure Functions, Service Fabric, AKS, Azure App Configuration and webhooks
- recommend an orchestration solution for deployment and maintenance of applications including ARM templates, Azure Automation, Azure Pipelines, Logic Apps, or Azure Functions recommend a solution for API integration
Design security for applications
- recommend a solution that includes Key Vault
- recommend a solution that includes Managed Identities
- recommend a solution for integrating applications into Azure AD
Design a compute solution
- recommend a solution for compute provisioning
- determine appropriate compute technologies, including virtual machines, App Services, Service Fabric, Azure Functions, Windows Virtual Desktop, Batch, HPC and containers
- recommend a solution for containers
- recommend a solution for automating compute management
- assess and interpret on-premises servers, data, and applications for migration
- recommend a solution for migrating applications and VMs
- recommend a solution for migration of databases
- determine migration scope, including redundant, related, trivial, and outdated data
- recommend a solution for migrating data (Storage Migration Service, Azure Data Box,
- Azure File Sync-based migration to hybrid file server)
Live Virtual Classroom Event
Apply at Work
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.