Artificial Intelligence (AI) will define the next generation of software solutions and unlocks the potential to create amazing applications that improve life for everyone. This course introduces AI and the Microsoft services students can use to create AI solutions.
The Azure AI Fundamentals course is designed for anyone interested in learning about the types of solutions AI makes possible and the services on Microsoft Azure that are used to create them.
Students don’t need to have any experience with Microsoft Azure before taking this course; however, a basic level of familiarity with computer technology, cloud computing, and the Internet is assumed. Some of the concepts covered in the course require a basic understanding of mathematics, such as the ability to interpret charts. The course includes hands-on activities that involve working with data and running Python, so knowledge of fundamental programming principles will be helpful.
Delegates will learn how to
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe Artificial Intelligence workloads and considerations
- Describe fundamental principles of machine learning on Azure
- Describe features of computer vision workloads on Azure
- Describe features of Natural Language Processing (NLP) workloads on Azure
- Describe features of conversational AI workloads on Azure
Module 1: Introduction to AI
In this module, you'll learn about common uses of artificial intelligence (AI), and the different types of workload associated with AI. You'll then explore considerations and principles for responsible AI development.
- Lesson 1: Azure AI Fundamentals
- What is Artificial Intelligence?
- Common Artificial Intelligence Workloads
- Artificial Intelligence in Microsoft Azure
- What can you do with Artificial Intelligence?
- Lesson 2: Responsible AI
- Challenges and Risks with AI
- Principles of Responsible AI
Module 2: Machine Learning Machine learning is the foundation for modern AI solutions.
In this module, you'll learn about some fundamental machine learning concepts, and how to use the Azure Machine Learning service to create and publish machine learning models.
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Machine Learning
- What is machine learning?
- Lesson 2: Azure Machine Learning
- What is Azure Machine Learning?
- Automated machine learning
- Azure Machine Learning Designer
Module 3: Computer Vision Computer vision is the area of AI that deals with understanding the world visually, through images, video files, and cameras.
In this module you'll explore multiple computer vision techniques and services
- Lesson 1: Computer Vision Concepts
- What is Computer Vision
- Computer Vision Models
- Applications of Computer Vision
- Lesson 2: Computer Vision in Azure
- Cognitive Services
- Image Analysis with the Computer Vision Service
- Training Models with the Custom Vision Service
- Analyzing Faces with the Face Service
- Reading Text with the Computer Vision Service
- Analyzing Forms with the Form Recognizer Service
Module 4: Natural Language Processing
This module describes scenarios for AI solutions that can process written and spoken language. You'll learn about Azure services that can be used to build solutions that analyze text, recognize and synthesize speech, translate between languages, and interpret commands
- Lesson 1: Introduction to Natural Language Processing
- What is Natural Language Processing?
- Natural Language Processing in Azure
- Lesson 2: Using Natural Language Processing Services
- Text Analytics
- Speech Recognition and Synthesis
- Language Understanding
Module 5: Conversational AI Conversational AI enables users to engage in a dialog with an AI agent, or Bot, through communication channels such as email, webchat interfaces, social media, and others.
This module describes some basic principles for working with bots and gives you an opportunity to create a bot that can respond intelligently to user questions.
- Lesson 1: Conversational AI Concepts
- What is Conversational AI?
- Responsible AI Guidelines for Bots
- Lesson 2: Conversational AI in Azure
- QnA Maker Service
- Azure Bot Service
Microsoft Azure learning paths
Want to boost your career in Azure? Click on the roles below to see QA‘s learning pathways, specially designed to give you the skills to succeed.
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.