QA Total Learning™ is our newest and most effective way to learn.
Combining the best of digital and live learning, with access to world class industry experts, we focus on making sure you can apply our learning to help you drive impactful results in your workplace. This is all underpinned by our digital platform, giving you the tools to track progress and manage your own learning.
This Total Learning course is for systems administrators new to Microsoft Azure who wish to gain a practical foundation in Azure services utilised in an Infrastructure as a Service deployment model.
Learners can be either experienced systems administrators or relatively new to Windows or Linux administration.
In this course, learners will enjoy the best of both digital and live learning in order to effectively manage an Azure cloud-based environment. The digital learning includes content and cloud-based labs to provide learners with the fundamentals of Azure, including administration, virtual networking, storage and virtual machines.
The three day virtual live event focuses on proving that you can employ the practical skills you have learned during the digital phase via an interactive workshop experience. This will involve building a working cloud infrastructure, covering all of the key components in Azure.
Please note, whilst this product addresses elements of the AZ-104 exam syllabus, the focus is on equipping the learner with the key skills necessary to effectively manage an Azure environment and therefore should not be considered an exam preperation vehicle. However, You will receive the Microsoft Official Curriculum course manual for the AZ-104 course should you wish to undertake further self study towards the exam at a later date.
At the end of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Work with Virtual Machines and learn how they are architected and deployed in Azure
- Understand virtual networking, IP addressing and security work in the cloud, and compare this with on-premise setups.
- Utilise Features including storage accounts, blob storage, Azure files and File Sync, storage security, and storage tools.
- Digital Essential Learning – 16 hours, completed over 4 weeks
- Live VIrtual Classroom – 3 days
- Apply for Work – 18 hours of work over 3 months
- Module 1 - Introduction to course
- Module 2 – Overview of Azure services
- Module 3 - Implementing Azure Network Security
- Module 4 - Getting Started with Azure Virtual Machines
- Module 5 - Getting Started with Azure Virtual Networks
- Module 6 - Introduction to Azure Storage Part 1
- Module 7 - Introduction to Azure Storage Part 2
- Module 8 - Implementing Azure Backup
- Module 9 - Load Balancing with Azure
- Portal Introduction and Overview
- Manage ResourceGroups
- Create a Virtual Network
- Create Network Security Group
- Create Application Security Groups
- Add a new VNET
- Add a Private DNS Zone
- Add a new Data Disk to Virtual Machine
- Create a Storage Account
- Remote connect to the Virtual Machine
- Switch back to Storage Account
- Switch back to Virtual Machine
- Create a Storage Account
- Add Extensions to Existing Virtual Machine
- Test access to web page and add a port rule to NSG to Allow web traffic
- Shutdown Virtual Machine
- Selecting Disks
- Start both Virtual Machine’s
- Test access to both Virtual Machines Web Pages by individual Public IP Addresses
- Create Azure Recovery Service Vault
- Connect to Virtual Machine (RDP)
- Install IIS with PowerShell
- Back up Virtual Machine
- Perform A Restore
- Create Standard Public Load Balancer
- Test Access to Load Balancer Public IP Address
- Create a new Virtual Machine from the Portal
- Remote into One of the Virtual Machines (RDP)
- Implement Traffic Manager Profile
- Global Load Balancer
- Create a report providing detail of one or more activities that you will undertake that incorporate one or more of the key concepts of Azure VMs, Azure Networking and Azure Storage
- Describe how effective utilisation of the key concepts you have identified above will contribute to the successful completion of the planned activity
- Describe how the above activity(s) align to the commonly recognized benefits of utilising the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Deployment model
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.