In previous levels, you were introduced to the various features of Microsoft Office Access 2007 that dealt with local database management. However, effective database management calls for mastering the advanced administrative and collaborative features of Access. In this course, you will exchange data with other applications, automate business processes by using VBA code, and secure and share databases.
This course is designed for delegates who have a thorough understanding of the basic and advanced user features of the Microsoft Office Access 2007 application, and are interested in learning introductory level administrator skill sets. The course is also for the delegate who may be working in a web-based environment and may need to adapt Access applications to the environment.
To ensure the successful completion of Microsoft Office Access 2007: Level 4, delegates should have the following skills;
- Understanding of relational database concepts
- Knowledge of data formats including XML
- Create and populate forms with basic controls
- Understand database distribution and security concepts
- Awareness of the VBA development environment
In addition Delegates should ideally have attended the following courses:
- Microsoft Office Access 2007: Level 1
- Microsoft Office Access 2007: Level 2
- Microsoft Office Access 2007: Level 3
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- share Access data with other applications.
- use VBA to automate a business process.
- create and modify a database switchboard, and set the startup options.
- secure databases.
- share databases using a SharePoint site.
Lesson 1: Integrating Access into Your Business
- Topic 1A: Import XML Data into an Access Database
- Topic 1B: Export Access Data to XML Format
- Topic 1C: Export Data to the Outlook Address Book
- Topic 1D: Collect Data Through Email Messages
Lesson 2: Automating a Business Process with VBA
- Topic 2A: Create a Standard Module
- Topic 2B: Develop Code
- Topic 2C: Call a Procedure from a Form
- Topic 2D: Run the Procedure
Lesson 3: Managing Switchboards
- Topic 3A: Create a Database Switchboard
- Topic 3B: Modify a Database Switchboard
- Topic 3C: Set the Startup Options
Lesson 4: Distributing and Securing Databases
- Topic 4A: Split a Database
- Topic 4B: Implement Security
- Topic 4C: Set Passwords Topic
- Topic 4D: Convert an Access Database to an ACCDE File
- Topic 4E: Package a Database with a Digital Signature
Lesson 5: Sharing Databases Using a SharePoint Site
- Topic 5A: Export a Table to a SharePoint List
- Topic 5B: Import Data from a SharePoint List
- Topic 5C: Publish a Database to a SharePoint Site
- Topic 5D: Move a Database to a SharePoint Site
- Topic 5E: Work Offline
Related to this course
Microsoft Excel 2007 Level 1
Microsoft Excel 2007 Level 2
Microsoft Excel 2007 Level 3
Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 Level 1
Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 Level 2
Microsoft Visio 2007 Level 1
Microsoft Word 2007 Level 2
Microsoft Word 2007 Level 3