Approximately 1 in 4 people in the UK will experience a mental illness each year. In 2016, 15.8 million UK work days were lost due to mental illness.*St John Ambulance is working with Mental Health First Aid England to provide courses which will help raise awareness of mental health, enabling people to support themselves and others to aid recovery. Our courses are designed to cut stigma through education and increase the provision of care for those who have a mental illness.
Developed by Mental Health First Aid England, this one-day course qualifies delegates as mental health first aid champions. Delegates will gain an understanding of common mental health illnesses and be given the confidence to promote mental health awareness. The course gives delegates the ability to spot signs of mental ill health and the skills to provide positive wellbeing for themselves and others.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is ideal for those who want to gain a greater awareness of mental health, to detect early symptoms of common mental
illnesses and the skills to support their own and others’ positive wellbeing.
- About Mental Health First Aid
- About mental health and stress in the workplace
- Stigma and discrimination•Depression
- Anxiety disorders
- Other mental health illnesses (eating disorders,self-harm, psychosis)•Early warning signs of mental ill health
- Alcohol, drugs and mental health
- Applying the Mental Health First Aid action plan
- Building a mentally healthy workplace
- Action planning for using Mental Health First Aid.