Delegates are required to bring their own laptops for the course as we value hands on learning and each delegate will be provided a lab environment to work in, alongside real-world scenarios to facilitate learning.
The 3 Day McAfee ePO & Endpoint Security Administration Course has been designed to provide new and existing ePO administrators with a thorough introduction to the McAfee ePO Management Console.
Keeping up-to-date with the latest software versions is necessary to maintain the productivity and efficiency of an IT department. It also enables you to get the most from your security investment.
This IT Security training course will enable you to maximise the performance of your solution.
Delegates will learn how to
- Understand the use of each component
- Configure the ePO Management Console from a fresh install experience
- Install, Configure and deploy Endpoint Security
- Perform day to day administration with confidence
- Leverage inter-component functionality to increase security and decrease workload
- Introduction to anti-virus defence procedures and the core competencies of the McAfee suite of products managed by ePO 5.x
- Installation of the software, basic configuration and management of clients
- Automating the full software installation including applications, signatures, product upgrades and patches using repositories and the Software Manager
- Product policy configuration including the McAfee Agent and VirusScan and the assignment of policies by group, system and tag
- An introduction to the system tree and automating Active Directory and NT domain synchronisation
- Configuration of the Client Task Catalogue to deploy and update software and an introduction to the various agent deployment techniques
- An introduction to Agent Handlers and the management of systems not connected to your network
- An introduction to custom notifications and alerts and configuration of automated tasks and responses
- Advanced features and techniques including system compliance, creating and automating queries and general ePO maintenance