Delegates are required to bring their own laptops for the course as we value hands on learning and each delegate will be provided a lab environment to work in, alongside real-world scenarios to facilitate learning.
The 3 Day McAfee Endpoint Data Protection Course has been designed to provide new and existing ePO administrators with a thorough introduction to the McAfee Data Protection product suite.
Keeping up-to-date with the latest software versions is necessary to maintain the productivity and efficiency of an IT department. It also enables you to get the most from your security investment. This IT Security training course will enable you to maximise the performance of your solution.
It is recommended the delegates are familiar with the use and administration of ePO prior to attending this course. We would recommend attending our McAfee 3 Day ePO & Endpoint Security Administration Course prior if required.
Delegates will learn how to
- Understand the use of each component
- Configure the policy set from a fresh install experience
- Install, Configure and deploy Drive Encryption, Management of Native Encryption, File and Removeable Media Protection, Device Control and Data Loss Prevention
- Perform day to day administration with confidence
- Leverage inter-component functionality to increase security and decrease workload
- Introduction to the data protection product suite, including Data Loss Prevention Endpoint, Device Control, Drive Encryption, Management of Native Encryption and File and Removeable Media Protection.
- Installation of the software, basic configuration and management of clients
- Automating the full software installation including applications, product upgrades and patches using repositories and the Software Manager
- Product policy configuration for the above products and the assignment of policies by group, system and tag
- Configuration of the Client Task Catalogue to deploy and update software and an introduction to the various agent deployment techniques
- How to recover encrypted machines and files, using the self-recovery portal, companion app and administrator recovery.
- An introduction to custom notifications and alerts and configuration of automated tasks and responses
- Advanced features and techniques including system compliance, creating and automating queries and general ePO maintenance