This course is being delivered by an IBM Global Training Provider
This 1-day instructor led course provides students with an understanding of how to create a new Organization and Site in Maximo Manage and discuss the core options available in the Organizations application. They will also be able to create classifications and Location records. Students will learn about topics such as Multi-Organization strategy, GL Account setup and Organization Options. This course also has hands-on lab exercises using a Red Hat OpenShift Maximo Manage environment.
Consultants, System Administrators, Support, Sales, and Users
Delegates will learn how to
- Describe Multi-Org and Multi-Site strategy
- Plan new Organization and Site records
- Create Item and Company Sets
- Explain the usage of Organization options
- Configure basic Organization Chart of Account settings
- Create a Clearing account
- Create Classification hierarchies
- Understand the usage of Locations
- Create Location Systems
Module 1: Core Data Setup Introduction
- Discuss the Initial data configuration
- Secondary Data Steps
- Overview of Users, People and Labor
- Define basic required data
Module 2: Initial Setup of a Manage System
- Terms and Conditions
- Database Setup
- Secondary Data and Database Setup
Module 3: Configure Organizations and Sites
- Maximo Data Levels
- Maximo Sets
- Maximo Multi Organization Configuration
- Maximo Multi Site Configuration
Module 4: Using Sets for Data Sharing
- Describe Maximo Data Sharing
- Describe Data sharing in a Multi-Organization environment
- Describe Organizations Currencies
- Describe Company and Item Sets
Module 5: GL Account Setup
- Describe Maximo GL Account Configuration
- Describe GL Account Components
- Describe Chart of Accounts for Maximo Organizations
Demonstration: Creating Organizations and Sites
Student Exercises: Lab 1 – Creating an Organization
Module 6: Financial Accounts Overview
- Describe Maximo Financial Accounts Overview
- Describe Financial Periods
- Describe Organization Default Accounts
- Describe Resource Codes
- Describe Various Financial Account Settings
Module 7: Organization Options
- Describe Maximo Organization Options
- Describe Maximo Site Level Options
- Describe Maximo Work Order Options
- Describe Maximo Purchase Order Options
Module 8: Defining Classifications
- Describe Maximo Classifications Overview
- Describe Maximo Classification Use Case
- Describe Maximo Classification Setup
- Describe Maximo Classification Attributes
Demonstration: Creating Classifications
Student Exercises: Labs 2 – Create Classifications
Module 9: Locations and Location Hierarchies
- Describe Maximo Location Definitions
- Describe Maximo Location
- Describe Maximo Systems
- Describe Maximo Location Setup
Demonstration: Creating Locations, Systems and Location Hierarchies
Student Exercises: Lab 3 - Creating Locations, Systems and Location Hierarchies
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.