Please can you ensure that you meet the course prerequisites below and also bring along your copy of the official AXELOS product 'Managing Successful Programmes' (ISBN: 9780113313273), and that you bring it with you to the course.
This two-day course will provide you with a thorough understanding of the Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) Practitioner level re-registration examination, allowing you to attempt the practitioner re-registration examination thoroughly prepared.
By undertaking this learning and passing the MSP® Practitioner re-registration exam, you will show an application of theory in running a programme. By the end of this learning, you will have the skills to be able to:
- Identify and document the vision of a programme, thus aligning it to the strategic aims of the business
- Coordinate the projects of a programme to ensure the correct application of resources and risk, issue and change management
- Interface the programme with the day to day business to ensure the smooth transition of changes delivered by a programme into business as usual activity
- Ensure that the benefits that the programme was designed to deliver are achieved
You should ideally have experience of managing or working in programmes prior to attending. Knowledge of the PRINCE2® project management method is advantageous but by no means mandatory, but some exposure to a project management method will aid understanding of how the programme works with these projects.
- Candidates must hold the MSP Practitioner Certificate.
- The success on the course will be enhanced by close attention to the pre-reading materials. It is recommended that candidates spend 1- 3 hours working through the pre-reading.
- If you have not received your pre-reading material within one week of the start of your course, please contact your Account Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Additional work will be required in the evening during the course, consisting of consolidation reading, mock examination questions and exercises. This evening work is an integral part of the course and you should expect to spend about 2 hours each evening on these activities.
- Please ensure that you have already obtained a copy of the official AXELOS product 'Managing Successful Programmes' (ISBN: 9780113313273), and that you bring it with you to the course.
Proof of prerequisites MUST be produced on the day of the exam to the trainer.
Acceptable forms of prerequisite confirmation are as follows:
- A copy of the candidates examination certificate
- Confirmed entry in the AXELOS Successful Candidate Register. You will need to provide the full SCR number (registration/candidate number located on your certificate).
Delegates without evidence of the prerequisites will NOT be permitted to sit the exam. For any queries on this please email email@example.com
Proof of identification
If taking an exam, candidates are required to provide Photo ID with a valid signature e.g. driving license, passport or named work ID badges prior to sitting their exam. Failure to produce this ID will result in their exam results being withheld until proof of ID is provided. Please note that if proof is not provided within 40 days, candidate's exam results will be null and void and a re-sit would be required.
Reasonable Adjustments Policy
The exam provider allows additional time for candidates who have a disability or whose native language differs to that of the examination paper. Ful details and how to apply can be found here www.qa.com/axelosexams. At least two weeks' notice will be required for processing this request. Delegates failing to advise QA and provide evidence when requested, may not be allowed the additional support offered via the policy. QA Exam Administration can be contacted by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +44(0)1793 696162.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the facts, terms and concepts relating to each theme
- Understand how each governance theme relates to the principles
- Understand the approach to the treatment of each governance theme
- Appreciate how each governance theme is applied throughout the transformational flow
- Understand the responsibilities involved in each governance theme
- Apply and tailor the relevant aspects of each governance theme to a given scenario
- Identify, analyse and distinguish between appropriate and inappropriate application of each governance theme in a given scenario
- Application of MSP in an exam environment
MSP philosophy and structure
- What is a programme and how it differs to both business as usual and project work
- Relationship between the MSP principles, governance themes and the transformational flow
The 7 MSP principles
- Remaining aligned with corporate strategy
- Leading change
- Envisioning and communicating a better future
- Focusing on benefits and threats to them
- Adding value
- Designing and delivering a coherent capability
- Learning from experience
The 9 MSP governance themes
- Leadership and stakeholder engagement
- Benefits management
- Blueprint design and delivery
- Planning and control
- Business case
- Risk and issue management
- Quality and assurance management
The 6 MSP® Transformational Flow Processes
- Identifying a programme
- Defining a programme
- Managing the tranche
- Delivering the capability
- Realizing the benefits
- Closing a programme
MSP Re-registration Examination
Everyone will sit the Practitioner Re-registration examination during the course.
The MSP Practitioner Re-registration exam consists of:
- 3 questions, each worth 10 marks each. Total of 30 marks
- 'Objective Test Examination' format - a style of complex multiple-choice examination.
- 1 hour duration
- Delegates may use their official MSP manual: 'Managing Successful Programmes' only
- Candidates require a minimum of 15 marks (50%) to pass
By successfully passing the practitioner re-registration exam, you will maintain your 'Registered Practitioner' status.
MSP® is a [registered] trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.