This one-day course will provide you with a broad understanding of the Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®) programme management methodology, providing the skills needed to consider the use of MSP to manage programmes in line with strategic aims of a business and its day to day running.
You should ideally have experience of managing or working in programmes prior to attending. Knowledge of the PRINCE2® project management method is advantageous but by no means mandatory, but some exposure to a project management method will aid understanding of how the programme works with these projects.
Equally, anyone wishing to attain industry-leading programme management qualifications should attend these courses.
This course will enable you to:
- Identify the principles and structure of MSP
- Understand the benefits of a structured method in a changing environment
- Identify the MSP process model
- Understand the MSP themes
- Define a programme organisation structure
- Understand the importance of engaging with stakeholders at all levels
- Understand the need for a vision and blueprint and their importance to the programme
- Identify possible progress control mechanisms
- Appreciate the principles of programme level quality and risk management
MSP philosophy and structure
- What is a programme and how it differs to both business as usual and project work
- Relationship between the MSP principles, governance themes and the transformational flow
The 7 MSP principles
- Remaining aligned with corporate strategy
- Leading change
- Envisioning and communicating a better future
- Focusing on benefits and threats to them
- Adding value
- Designing and delivering a coherent capability
- Learning from experience
The 9 MSP governance themes
- Leadership and stakeholder engagement
- Benefits management
- Blueprint design and delivery
- Planning and control
- Business case
- Risk and issue management
- Quality and assurance management
The 6 MSP® Transformational Flow Processes
- Identifying a programme
- Defining a programme
- Managing the tranche
- Delivering the capability
- Realizing the benefits
- Closing a programme
MSP® is a [registered] trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.