People are one of the most important parts of a project, but people management skills are often overlooked in favour of technical skills by project managers. However, effective people management, team management, influencing and communication skills, enable project managers to gain commitment from the project team and their stakeholders to achieve the performance needed to successfully deliver against objectives.
This course is for those individuals who have responsibility for, or are part of, the team responsible for delivering projects - on time, to cost and quality. It is essential you understand your own personal approach to 'management' so you can chose the right techniques to influence your team and key stakeholders.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- identify the project manager's responsibility in managing people
- identify the skills required to manage people when running a project
- understand the stages of team development
- appreciate the importance of delegation
- build your communication skills
- understand how to manage conflict, productively
- recognise the causes and symptoms of stress in yourself and others
- explore a range of leaderships styles to support you in your role
- recognise how to motivate within a project team.
What will the course cover?
- Understanding your communication approach as well as how you can adapt your style.
- Team working.
- Conflict management.
- People management/Human Resource management.
- Professionalism and ethics.