Please note: Effective August 3rd 2018 this course has been renamed from 'Managing & Supporting Enterprise Mobility Solutions with Citrix XenMobile' to 'Managing and Supporting a Mobility Solution with Citrix Endpoint Management'. Course content remains the same.
This course provides the skills necessary to manage, support, and troubleshoot a Citrix XenMobile 10 Enterprise environment. Students with limited or no XenMobile experience will gain an understanding of what is required to maintain the components of a XenMobile Enterprise solution. Students will have access to hands-on exercises within a virtual lab environment to configure and test policies, manage device and application usage, perform troubleshooting and reporting, and more.
Students are expected to leverage their own mobile device (personal or corporate-owned, not already enrolled in another Mobile Device Management solution) to use during hands-on lab exercises.
This course is designed for IT professionals, systems engineers, server administrators, and Citrix Partners who need to know how to manage, support and troubleshoot a XenMobile Enterprise solutio
Citrix course materials are only available to delegates in e-courseware format. Delegates will be provided with instructions on how to access their e-courseware on day one of the event. Those delegates who are attending via either virtual or extended classroom will be required to provide either three monitors (to view courseware, labs and instructor demos simultaneously) or two monitors and a mobile device. Delegates will be required to have an active TCC (Training.Citrix.com) account in order to access course materials and labs.
Please set up Your TCC account up in advance of the course using the following link:
Please note: It is highly recommended that the delegate uses a personal email address (rather than company email) to set up their TCC account. If you do not wish to reference your company name when setting up your TCC account we recommend you use 'EDUCALC' as reference.
Should you encounter any issues in setting up your TCC account please ensure that you raise this directly with Citrix in advance of your event by visiting http://training.citrix.com then on the home page click, Help, then select Classroom Support, and submit a Critical or High priority request notifying Citrix of the course start date.
Citrix recommends that students bring a mobile device (iPhone, Android or Windows device) to complete device enrollment and Work-related exercises. This device should not be enrolled in another MDM solution, or would need to be un-enrolled in order to use it to complete the mobile device-specific class exercises.
Citrix recommends students prepare for this course by gaining a basic understanding of the following concepts and technologies:
- Systems administration - primarily Windows
- Networking - IP addressing
- Subnetting and VPNs
- OSI Layers (including protocols: TCP/IP, SMTP, POP3)
- Web-based technologies - Web Services and .Net
- IT security standards - FIPS 140-2, PKI, SSL, SAML
- Technical components of an enterprise IT infrastructure, including Active Directory, Microsoft SQL Server, IIS, Firewalls and virtualization
- Networking and support challenges for wireless applications
Delegates will learn how to
Upon successful completion of this course, learners will be able to:
- Manage a XenMobile implementation in a traditional IT infrastructure
- Understand the enterprise mobility management architecture components at a high level
- Perform common enterprise mobility management tasks
- Use the XenMobile Server console to manage enterprise mobility activities
- Understand the device enrollment process
- Perform mobile application management
- Monitor an enterprise mobility environment
- Perform troubleshooting and reporting on a XenMobile Enterprise solution
Get hands-on experience with:
- Creating and deploying policies
- Reconciling users with Active Directory
- Adding, updating, and disabling/deleting MDX applications
- Configuring passcode and restriction policies
- Deploying required certificates to devices
- Adding categories and applications to the XMS
- Enabling encryption and other security settings
- Configuring automated actions
- Preventing access to uncompliant devices
- Renewing APNS certificates
- Enabling access to XenApp/XenDesktop resources for mobile users
- Monitoring updates/patches
- Customizing the WorxWeb User Interface
- Running XenMobile connectivity checks
- Locking or wiping devices that are lost or stolen
- Troubleshooting authentication…and more!