This three day interactive course provides delegates with a clear understanding of the guidance designed to help maximise value within the achievement of programme and project objectives and the delivery of key stakeholder requirements.
Through attending this training course delegates will be able to assist their organisations to focus on maximising value by implementing principles that will help to:
- achieve transformational change more quickly
- contribute to an improvement in decision-making and policy-making
- meet the need to do more with less and to balance the increasing demands with available resources without compromising on quality
- maximise returns on investments.
This course includes the Foundation level examination.
It is aimed at individuals who have no prior knowledge or experience and who wish to acquire sufficient knowledge to enable them to contribute positively to any project or improvements in the operational environment. It will further equip these delegates to take the Management of Value Foundation (MOVF) examination.
The course will particularly benefit those individuals who intend to progress to the Practitioner level and take the Practitioner examination. The course will be equally beneficial to anyone responsible for, or supporting portfolio, programme, or project management in the public or private sectors operational efficiency improvement initiatives.
No prerequisites are necessary for attendance, although delegates would benefit from some experience of working in projects, programmes or an operational environment prior to attending the MOVF course.
There is no prescribed pre-course reading required
Proof of identification
If taking an exam, candidates are required to provide Photo ID with a valid signature e.g. driving license, passport or named work ID badges prior to sitting their exam. Failure to produce this ID will result in their exam results being withheld until proof of ID is provided. Please note that if proof is not provided within 40 days, candidate's exam results will be null and void and a re-sit would be required.
Reasonable Adjustments Policy
The exam provider allows additional time for candidates who have a disability or whose native language differs to that of the examination paper. Ful details and how to apply can be found here www.qa.com/axelosexams. At least two weeks' notice will be required for processing this request. Delegates failing to advise QA and provide evidence when requested, may not be allowed the additional support offered via the policy. QA Exam Administration can be contacted by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +44(0)1793 696162.
At the end of this course you will be able to understand a proven methodology comprising a unique set of principles, processes and techniques, and in particular how:
- to clarify their organisation's objectives and value priorities
- MoV can be applied within an operational environment
- to organise and contribute to MoV studies
- the tailoring and embedding of MoV within an organisation could be approached
The MOV Foundation course uses relevant case-studies and accelerated-learning techniques to ensure that theory is embedded and delegates feel confident in the practical application of MOV. Additional evening work will be required in the form of consolidation reading and mock examination questions. The evening work is an integral part of the course and delegates should expect to spend approximately two hours on these activities.
The course will cover the following syllabus areas:
Introduction to MoV
Delegates are introduced to the world of the Management of Value and to the overall structure of MOV.
- What is value
- What is MoV
- Why it is needed
- Its place in the Cabinet Office Best Practice Guidance
- Its relationship to other management methods
The 7 MoV Principles
MOV operates within a universal set of principles that can be applied to any environment. These seven principles provide the framework of good practice upon which MOV is based and include:
- Align with organisation's objectives
- Focus on functions and required outcomes
- Balance the variables to maximise value
- Apply throughout the investment decision
- Tailor to suit the subject
- Learn from experience and improve performance
- Assign clear roles and responsibilities and build a supportive culture
The 7 MoV Processes
The seven MOV processes provide a clear plan for implementing the outputs and monitoring their effective delivery.
- Frame the programme or project
- Gather information
- Analyse information
- Process information
- Evaluate and select
- Develop Value Improving Proposals
- Implement and share outputs
This part of the course covers the MoV specific techniques and common techniques that are frequently used with MoV.
The implementation, embedding and need for embedding MOV into an organisation is covered here and includes:
- Planning MoV activities
- Responding to external and internal factor.
- Portfolio, Programme, and Project considerations
- Operational considerations
- Embedding MoV into an organisation
MOV Foundation Examination
Key exam information:
- 40 minutes duration
- Closed book
- 50 multiple-choice questions
- 50% pass mark
Throughout the MOV Foundation course, delegates will be exposed to numerous examples of examination questions. We will undertake a number of exercises and 'question-and-answer' sessions that will help consolidate the learning, thereby ensuring that delegates are more than adequately prepared for the final examination.
MoV® is a [registered] trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.