This One-day course provides delegates with an overview of the Management of Risk (M_o_R) methodology. During the course we introduce the Principles, Approach, Process, and Embedding & Reviewing M_o_R which form the core concepts of M_o_R. We will also explain how M_o_R is important throughout the organisation from Strategic, Programme, Project and Operational perspectives. Throughout the course, our M_o_R experts help delegates understand the benefits of adopting the M_o_R methodology.
No prerequisites are necessary for attendance, although delegates will be expected to have some experience of working in an Operational or Programme, Project environment prior to attending the M_o_R Overview course.
There is no pre-course reading for the M_o_R Overview course.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain the terminology that is used within M_o_R
- Understand the principles for the development of good risk management practices
- Design an approach to risk management to improve performance
- Identify and assess risks, then plan and implement risk responses
- Establish current practices using M_o_R healthcheck and maturity model
- Identify opportunities and ways to improve Risk management
- Understand the importance of Risk Specialisms
The M_o_R Overview course includes a variety of hands on exercises to ensure that the theory is embedded and delegates feel confident in the practical application of M_o_R
The course will cover the following syllabus areas:
Introduction to M_o_R
Delegates are introduced to the world of Risk Management and the M_o_R framework. Understanding what a risk is and why and when we should do risk management and how Risk management is part of Corporate Governance & Internal Control.
M_o_R principles are essential for the development and maintenance of good risk management. They are intended to guide an organisation to develop its own approach to meet their specific needs.
- Aligns with objectives
- Fits the context
- Engages stakeholders
- Provides clear guidance
- Informs decision making
- Facilitates continual improvement
- Creates a supportive culture
- Achieves measurable value
The way an organisation implements the principles are described in their approach documents and support documentation.
- Risk Management Policy
- Process Guide
- Risk Register
- Issue Register
- Risk Improvement Plan
- Risk Response plan
- Risk Reports
- Risk Communication plan
The M_o_R Process is divided into four main steps of:
Focusing on the goals and tasks of each steps, the inputs needed to carry out the step, the outputs produced and the various techniques that may be applied.
The way in which the principles, approach and process are applied will vary according to the perspective in which they being carried out.
Embedding and Reviewing M_o_R
Embedding and Reviewing M_o_R looks at the need to embed Risk management into the culture and the how this can be achieved through regular reviews and improvements.
- Embedding the principles
- Changing the culture for risk management
- Measuring the value of risk management
- Overcoming common process barriers
- Identifying and establishing opportunities for change
- Health check
- Risk management maturity model
M_o_R®is a [registered] trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.
The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved.