This 10-day course is an advanced qualification aiming to support experienced energy managers to further advance their careers by gaining the skills and knowledge required to function successfully at a senior level and be able to manage energy across a wide range of business areas, activities and parts of an organisation.
Following successful completion of the course, delegates will be able to make, communicate and implement effectively strategic decisions and influence an organisation’s policy through demonstrating their leadership skills.
Training dates (2021-2022 intake):
- Block 1: 27-29 September 2021
- Block 2: 1–3 November 2021
- Block 3: 29 November –1 December 2021
- Assessment day: 7 February 2022
- 9 days of energy management training, led by subject experts
- Preparatory material and slides from training sessions
- Exercise spreadsheets from training sessions designed for use within your organisation
- Tutor supervision and support for a work-based feasibility study
- Exam assessment leading to the Energy Institute Level 3: Advanced Energy Manager (AEM) qualification.
- Professionals with 4 or more years of energy management experience who are responsible for managing energy within their job function and who are tasked with improving energy efficiency while reducing energy costs
- Professionals who are currently working in a manager-level role and have successfully completed the Energy Institute's Level 2: Energy Management Professional training course OR the AEE's Certified Energy Manager (CEM) program or equivalent
- Those looking to fill in any gaps in their knowledge in preparation for applying for Chartered Energy Manager status
- Energy fundamentals
- Leadership for Energy Managers I (Leader language, Ethics)
- Leadership for Energy Managers II (Contracts, Innovation)
- Energy procurement
- Behaviour change
- Strategic control systems
- Alternative supply strategies
- Heat recovery
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.