This two-day course introduces students to LeanFT. LeanFT, or Lean Functional Testing is a small but powerful testing tool that can allow Quality Assurance teams and Developers to develop test cases in a more integrated manner. By gaining the ability to develop test cases directly in Visual Studio or Eclipse, applications can be tested despite not being fully developed and/or deployed for general Quality Assurance teams to use.
Day one will focus on introducing the product and basic concepts of LeanFT test script development using Visual Studio. Day two will examine the integration with Eclipse as well building application models and data driving with Microsoft Excel.
- Working knowledge of Windows and web browsers
- Fundamental understanding of Java and C# programming is helpful, but not required
This course is designed for Quality Assurance engineers or any new users of LeanFT.
Delegates will learn how to
- Describe the differences between UFT and LeanFT
- Design and execute LeanFT tests in both Eclipse and Visual Studio
- Enhance your LeanFT tests with parameters
- Integrate your LeanFT Tests with Microsoft Excel to data drive your test
Module 1: Course Overview
- Identify the contents and objectives of the course
- Learn the sample Applications
Module 2: Introduction to LeanFT
- Build a LeanFT web-based test using Visual C#
- Build a LeanFT Windows-based test using Visual C#
- Run the tests with NUnit
Module 3: Using the Object Identification Center (OIC)
- Use the OIC to identify objects in an application
- Add steps manually using the OIC
- Capture values and display them in the Output log
Module 4: Iterating with LeanFT
- Create iterations for an entire test or just a section of the test
- Set up iterations based on the number of values in the array
Module 5: LeanFT Checkpoints
- Build checkpoints by inserting assert methods for the framework being used
- Report results to the test results
- Control test pass/fail conditions
- Use the Assert within a try-catch statement.
Module 6: Using LeanFT with Eclipse
- Create a LeanFT test using the Junit Framework in Eclipse
- Build a test on a Web application
- Build a test on a Windows application
- Run the test in Eclipse
Module 7: Enhancing Test Scripts in Eclipse
- Use the OIC with Eclipse
- Iterate tests through multiple browsers
- Add checkpoints
Module 8: Creating Application Models
- Describe the theory behind application models
- Create an application model with LeanFT using Visual Studio
Module 9: Parameterization with Excel
- Reading data from an Excel file to use as input into your test
- Write data to an Excel file to save output from your test
Module 10: End-to-End Lab
- Combine topics and methods from previous labs into a comprehensive test
- Create an NUnit Test project
- Create an application model
- Create a test using an application model
- Add checkpoints to a test
- Run the test against multiple browsers
- Parameterize a test using Excel
Frequently asked questionsSee all of our FAQs
How can I create an account on myQA.com?
There are a number of ways to create an account. If you are a self-funder, simply select the "Create account" option on the login page.
If you have been booked onto a course by your company, you will receive a confirmation email. From this email, select "Sign into myQA" and you will be taken to the "Create account" page. Complete all of the details and select "Create account".
If you have the booking number you can also go here and select the "I have a booking number" option. Enter the booking reference and your surname. If the details match, you will be taken to the "Create account" page from where you can enter your details and confirm your account.
Find more answers to frequently asked questions in our FAQs: Bookings & Cancellations page.
How do QA’s virtual classroom courses work?
Our virtual classroom courses allow you to access award-winning classroom training, without leaving your home or office. Our learning professionals are specially trained on how to interact with remote attendees and our remote labs ensure all participants can take part in hands-on exercises wherever they are.
We use the WebEx video conferencing platform by Cisco. Before you book, check that you meet the WebEx system requirements and run a test meeting (more details in the link below) to ensure the software is compatible with your firewall settings. If it doesn’t work, try adjusting your settings or contact your IT department about permitting the website.
Learn more about our Virtual Classrooms.
How do QA’s online courses work?
QA online courses, also commonly known as distance learning courses or elearning courses, take the form of interactive software designed for individual learning, but you will also have access to full support from our subject-matter experts for the duration of your course. When you book a QA online learning course you will receive immediate access to it through our e-learning platform and you can start to learn straight away, from any compatible device. Access to the online learning platform is valid for one year from the booking date.
All courses are built around case studies and presented in an engaging format, which includes storytelling elements, video, audio and humour. Every case study is supported by sample documents and a collection of Knowledge Nuggets that provide more in-depth detail on the wider processes.
Learn more about QA’s online courses.
When will I receive my joining instructions?
Joining instructions for QA courses are sent two weeks prior to the course start date, or immediately if the booking is confirmed within this timeframe. For course bookings made via QA but delivered by a third-party supplier, joining instructions are sent to attendees prior to the training course, but timescales vary depending on each supplier’s terms. Read more FAQs.
When will I receive my certificate?
Certificates of Achievement are issued at the end the course, either as a hard copy or via email. Read more here.