The focus of this course is to provide delegates with the practical skills to use value stream mapping in a service or manufacturing organisation.
Lean thinking has become a widely adopted improvement approach that can greatly simplify processes and improve performance. At the heart of Lean thinking is the focus on creating value for the customer and eliminating waste. The stream of activity within an organisation that creates customer value is called the value stream. Value Stream Mapping is the tool used to understand, analyse and improve a value stream.
This two day course uses a blend of theory and practical exercises.
If you have any queries about your projects following the course or wish to submit your project for accreditation then please contact the Lean Six Sigma group via the email Leanaccreditation@qa.com
All staff wishing to gain a detailed understanding of Value Stream Mapping and its application in the workplace. It is essential that delegates should have an existing awareness of lean concepts and tools. This knowledge can be found in the Lean Awareness (www.qa.com/LEANAW) and Lean Processes and Tools (www.qa.com/LEANPT) courses.
At the end of this course you will be able to understand:
- Customer value and the key elements and methods of Value Stream Mapping
- How to define and analyse the current state value stream map - material and information flows
- The three stages to develop an ideal future state map
- How to derive a kaizen improvement plan
- Understanding customer value
- Value add, value enabling and non-value adding activities
- Elements of a Value Stream Map
- Material flows and information flows
- Value stream metrics
- Current state value stream map
- Analysing current state to identify waste
Developing an ideal future state:
- Customer demand
- Continuous flow
- Kaizen improvement plan
Completion of all elements of the Lean Programme will enable delegates to attend the Lean Six Sigma Practitioner course and, having completed the exam and a suitable project, become a certified Lean Six Sigma Green belt.