This Master Black Belt course provides the experienced Black Belt with the necessary softer skills to lead and deliver business wide Lean Six Sigma transformations. The course develops the personal and managerial skills required to deliver transformation through the resources of Black and Green Belts and their improvement teams.
Lean and Six Sigma, both proven business improvement approaches, provide businesses with the ability to maximise customer, employee and shareholder value by minimising process variation and waste. Using a blend of theory, practical exercises and role play the course develops the knowledge of the delegates to integrate formal improvement methodology into the strategic planning of their business. The course has been designed to build on the technical and practical Lean Six Sigma skills already existing to create business transformation leaders.
If you have any queries about your projects following the course or wish to submit your project for accreditation then please contact the Lean Six Sigma group via the email Leanaccreditation@qa.com
Experienced Black Belts who are required to perform at a strategic level in their organisation and need to create improvement transformations across multiple sites or functions.
Delegates must have satisfactorily completed the Lean Six Sigma Practitioner Black Belt course (LSSBB) or equivalent.
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand advanced business and financial tools to work with the business at the highest levels
- Understand and apply the soft managerial and leadership skills required to coach and mentor Black Belt resources through their project work.
- Understand how to integrate business strategy with improvement transformation delivering exceptional benefits
- Design and deliver the business framework and customer focused culture to facilitate continuous improvement and change.
- Developing effective training material, monitoring and continuously improving its effectiveness
- Business environmental analysis
- Being an active voice for improvement initiatives
- Being a role model for Black Belts
- Participating in tollgate reviews
- Maintaining project standards
- Ensuring Lean principles and Six Sigma methods are effectively applied to improve customer value; reduce waste and variation; and improve performance.
- Traditional and Lean Accounting principles and interface to management accounts
- Monitoring and being responsible for transformation benefits
- Business strategic planning
- Leading, coaching and mentoring Black Belts
- Introducing Lean Six Sigma initiatives to the supply chain
Leads to the following certification: Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt (based on submission of a formal body of evidence, post training)