Please note: to support your learning, this course features digital assets and may also feature digital courseware that requires a MyQA login in order to access. All the relevant links and sign-up details will be sent to you in the email with course joining instructions. During the in-centre training, we provide laptops to access these digital assets and courseware, but you will need your own internet-connected device in order to access any evening homework. If you foresee any problems please get in touch with QA as soon as possible.
The following new ITIL® 4 courses are now available:
- ITIL® 4 Managing Professional Transition Module
- ITIL® 4 Foundation Online
- ITIL® 4 Specialist: Create, Deliver and Support
- ITIL® 4 Strategist: Direct, Plan and Improve
- ITIL® 4 Specialist: Drive Stakeholder Value
The following new ITIL® 4 courses are coming soon from QA:
- ITIL® 4 Specialist: High Velocity IT
The ITIL® 4 Foundation Certificate course provides comprehensive first-level training for anyone involved in provision, support, or delivery of IT-enabled services in a modern digital organisation. It teaches the fundamentals of the very latest version of the most widely adopted guidance on IT service management (ITSM) in the world.
ITIL 4 Foundation introduces delegates to the Service Value System (SVS) which describes how all the components and activities of the organisation work together as a system to enable value creation. The ITIL SVS supports many work approaches, such as Agile, DevOps and Lean as well as traditional process and project management, with a flexible value-oriented operating model.
The course comprises interactive learning sessions, exercises that reinforce the knowledge gained and practice exam questions. In preparation for taking the certificate exam on the final day, delegates will need to plan to spend 90-120 minutes each evening on revision and example examination questions.
This course is aimed at all levels of IT professionals, customers and users involved in the provision or receipt of IT Services in any organisation.
Please ensure you bring a device such as a mobile phone, tablet or laptop to access your course material on, as you will need this for use in the evenings to help with knowledge retention and exam preparation. Please note: Mobile devices are not required for use in the classroom itself.
ITIL 4 Foundation Certificate pre-course work
You will be provided with pre-course work by email prior to attending the course. Your success on the course will be enhanced by close attention to these pre-course materials. It is recommended that you spend 1 hour working through the pre-course work.
If you have not received your pre-course work within one week of the start of your course, please contact your Account Manager or email@example.com.
Proof of identification
In order to be eligible to take the associated exam, you are required to provide photo ID with a valid signature, eg a driving licence, passport or named work ID badges, prior to sitting your exam. Failure to produce this ID will result in your exam results being withheld until proof of ID is provided. Please note that if proof is not provided within 40 days, your exam results will be null and void and a re-sit would be required.
Reasonable adjustments policy
The exam provider allows additional time for candidates who have a disability or whose native language differs to that of the examination paper. Full details and how to apply can be found here www.qa.com/axelosexams. At least two weeks' notice will be required for processing this request.
Learners failing to advise QA and provide evidence when requested, may not be allowed the additional support offered via the policy. QA Exam Administration can be contacted by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 44(0) 1793 696162.
At the end of this three-day course, attendees will have an understanding of the following:
- Key concepts in the ITIL 4 framework that build upon Lean, Agile, DevOps and other practices, and how these enable business value to be co-created
- The seven guiding principles of ITIL 4
- ITIL service value system
- The four dimensions of service management
- The ITIL practices with a focus on 15 of these, of which 7 will be covered in detail
- The ITIL® 4 Foundation Certificate course provides comprehensive first-level training for anyone involved in provision, support, or delivery of IT-enabled services in a modern digital organisation.
- The ITIL 4 Foundation course teaches the fundamentals of the very latest version of the most widely adopted guidance on IT service management (ITSM) in the world.
- ITIL 4 Foundation introduces delegates to the Service Value System (SVS) which describes how all the components and activities of the organisation work together as a system to enable value creation. The ITIL SVS supports many work approaches, such as Agile, DevOps and Lean as well as traditional process and project management, with a flexible value-oriented operating model.
- The course culminates in a one-hour multiple-choice examination for the ITIL 4 Foundation Certificate and is a pre-requisite for the further training in ITIL 4. The exam is multi-choice. There are 40 questions to be completed in 60 minutes. The pass mark is 26 correct answers from 40 (65%).