Please note: Due to the current situation with Covid 19 the PeopleCert are offering remotely proctored online exams for all candidates. Once registered by the QA exam administration team you will receive an exam registration email directly from PeopleCert. This email will contain the necessary instruction on how to schedule your exam.
***Please note that due to the current high demand for online exams, there may be limited time slots available. Delegates are invited to contact Peoplecert directly regarding the provision of additional sessions. We would recommend delegates follow this process and re-access the live calendar regularly as Peoplecert will add additional sessions where demand dictates. ***
A new version of ITIL is now available (ITIL 4) - click here to find out more.
Delegates who attend this course via AfA are given an online exam voucher in place of the classroom exam.
The ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management course provides comprehensive first-level training for anyone involved in provision, support, and delivery of IT Services.
ITIL Foundation teaches the fundamentals of the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) core volumes, which provide an end-to-end view of IT and its integration with business strategy. Those core volumes are: Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation and Continual Service Improvement.
The course comprises lecture sessions, hands-on exercises that reinforce the knowledge gained, and practice examinations. Those learners taking the certificate exam on the final day will need to plan to spend 90-120 minutes each evening on revision and example examination questions.
The course culminates in a one-hour multiple-choice examination for the Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management and is a pre-requisite for the further training in ITIL that leads to the ITIL Expert Certificate in IT Service Management.
- The exam is multi-choice.
- There are 40 questions to be completed in 60 minutes.
- The pass mark is 26 correct answers from 40 (65%).
- This course also provides 21 Hours of Contact Education/Professional Development Units towards PMI PMP certification / re-certification.
This course is aimed at all levels of IT professionals, customers and users involved in the provision or receipt of IT Services.
We recommend that you have access to a personal device for extra curricula work.
ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management pre-course reading:
- You will be provided with pre-course reading via email, before attending the course. Success on the course will be enhanced by close attention to the pre-reading materials. It is recommended that you spend 2 hours working through the pre-reading.
- If you have not received your pre-reading material within one week of the start of your course, please contact your Account Manager or firstname.lastname@example.org
Proof of identification
If taking an exam, you are required to provide photo ID with a valid signature, eg a driving licence, passport or named work ID badges, prior to sitting your exam. Failure to produce this ID will result in your exam results being withheld until proof of ID is provided. Please note that if proof is not provided within 40 days, your exam results will be null and void and a re-sit would be required.
BCS Reasonable Adjustments Policy
BCS allow additional time for candidates who have a disability or whose native language differs to that of the examination paper. Full details are provided in the BCS Reasonable Adjustments Policy which is available to view on the BCS website. If you believe you qualify for this then please notify the Exam Administration team on the details below as early as possible. At least two weeks' notice will be required for processing this request. Learners failing to advise QA and provide evidence when requested, may not be allowed the additional support offered via the BCS policy. QA Exam Administration can be contacted by email email@example.com or by phone 44(0) 1793 696162.
Please ensure you bring a device such as a mobile phone, tablet or laptop to be able to load your course material on to as you may need this for use in the evenings.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS.
You will learn about:
- Service Management as a Practice
- The Service Lifecycle
- Key Principles and Models
- Generic Concepts
- Technology and Architecture
- ITIL Qualification Scheme
Module 1: Overview
- Introducing the programme
- ITIL Overview
Module 2: Service Strategy
- Technical and Application Management
- Demand Management
- Financial Management
- Service Portfolio Management
Module 3: Service Design
- Service Level Management
- Supplier Management
- Service Catalogue Management
Module 4: Service Design cont.
- Capacity Management
- Availability Management
- Information Security Management
- IT Service Continuity Management
Module 5: Service Transition
- Change Management
Module 6: Service Transition cont.
- Release & Deployment
- Service Asset & Configuration Management
- Knowledge Management
Module 7: Service Operation
- Service Desk
- IT Operations Management
Module 8: Service Operation cont.
- Incident Management
- Problem Management
Module 9: Service Operation cont.
- Event Management
- Service Automation
- Request Fulfilment
- Access Management
Module 10: Continual Service Improvement
- Continual Service Improvement Model
- Role of Measurement
Module 11: Qualification Scheme
- ITIL Foundation Qualification Scheme
- ITIL Foundation Examination advice
Recommended study time for this course, including any additional reading is approximately 21 hours.
This course includes a classroom examination.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS.