This course presents a managerial level overview of the IT Quality Index framework. The course will guide participants from the design through to the sustainable management of an IT Quality Management System driven by the IT Quality Index principles, domains and dimensions.
- Will need to have passed the IT Quality Index Foundation course or IT Quality Index Expert and received CITQP or CITQE certificate. An understanding of the IT service management principles is necessary, so ITIL® Foundation or higher is recommended. The IT Quality Index book or courseware from the IT Quality Index Foundation is required for the exercises within the course and the final exam.
- Demonstrate IT’s commitment to the continual quality improvement of all the quality dimensions through clear reporting.
The CITQM qualification represents a deep understanding of how the IT Quality Index framework can form the basis for a continual IT quality improvement system in all quality dimensions including the services delivered to customers. Course participants will learn to communicate the value, design, management and adjustment of the IT quality management system on a strategic and a tactical level. Candidates will learn how to design their own IT QMS based on the IT Quality Index principles with respect to the context and complexity of their particular IT departments. Learn mapping of IT QMS into COBIT 5, process APO11 Manage Quality.
SFIA skills: Quality management QUMG 6-7, Quality assurance QUAS 5-6, Quality standards QUST 5.
- Overview of ITQI framework – Key parts.
- Designing a visual IT QMS system.
- Key components of an IT QMS.
- Establishing an IT QMS - Roles & activities.
- Responsibilities of IT Quality Manager
- Improvements initiation - From an idea through to recording, realisation, to managing unexpected situations or conflicting changes.
- Measuring the value of improvements – CVC, RBA, ADRA techniques
- Reporting & the KPIs of an IT QMS.
- Mapping IT QMS to COBIT 5, process APO11 Manage Quality
Experiential exercises that make up around 50% of the course:
- Finding ideas for improvement
- Visual management of improvements
- Valuation of improvements
- Designing your IT QMS
- Certification exam - 60 minutes.