This course provides an introductory 1 day overview to the IT Quality Index framework. It details the need of a holistic approach to IT quality and compares the new IT quality assessment with the operational ways of assessment with focus on specific areas. Course participants will gain knowledge of IT quality terms and how quality can be measured and traced over time in an unbiased, objective way.
No prerequisites - ITIL® Foundation certificate is highly recommended.
Target group: All IT professionals including team leaders, CIOs, Senior IT managers, IT managers, Quality Assurance managers, Compliance leads and Supervisors. This course is targeted to candidates aiming to become Certified IT Quality Professionals – CITQP, Accredited IT Quality Experts – AITQE or Accredited IT Quality Trainers where the IT Quality Index Foundation certificate is a pre-requisite.
This qualification represents an overview of the IT Quality Index framework and the concept of quantifying the quality of IT into a management focused form. Course participants will gain knowledge of IT quality terms, how a new approach to strategic level quality assessments can improve the relationship between IT and the business through the alignment of differing perspectives into a single, objective view on the overall level of IT quality. Participants will learn the value of knowing the IT quality level, how the measurement of IT quality is organised, how outputs are processed and how the benchmarking of quality can be done.
SFIA skills: Quality management QUMG 4, Quality assurance QUAS 3-4, Quality standards QUST 2-4, Conformance review CORE 3-4.
1 Day course
- IT Quality measurement – Motivations.
- Overview of traditional quality approaches.
- Architectural design of a holistic IT quality assessment.
- IT Quality Index – The model, principles & the IT quality definition.
- Quality domains, dimensions & attributes:
- Human assets
- IT Quality Index assessment – Planning, organisation & assessment method.
- Analysis & processing.
- Interpreting results, creating a management summary & results presentations.
- Value to the business.
- Certification exam - 60 minutes.
- Course is led by experienced Accredited IT Quality Expert and Trainer – AITQE / AITQT
- Course participants may become members of LinkedIn group IT Quality Index.
Course start: 9am
Course end: 5pm